UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot thickens.

Originally posted by Bakerdave76 on the Liverpool thread.

A bit more digging by me.

From the Liverpool Echo.

THE New York Times Company has been confirmed as the second largest shareholder in Liverpool Football Club.

The club’s owners Fenway Sports Group released the information as required by Premier League rules which state that any ownership of more than 10 per cent must be declared.

FSG chief John Henry revealed that he and the Times group are the two biggest shareholders in the company, which owns Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox.

It was already known that the Times were significant players in FSG with their stake believed to be 16.58%.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-york-times-confirmed-second-3377324

71-A6-C70-E-38-C1-44-E0-B11-D-16-B0-BEB7-E6-AC.png

They sold their share in around 2012, around the same time Henry bought the Boston Globe from them.

No link, but you know the line and the narrative taken by BBC Sport.

———————————————————————————————————————

However, according to one well-placed source, a final decision is yet to be made by chief investigator Yves Leterme.

The former Belgian prime minister, chairman of the investigatory panel of Uefa's independent financial control board, is set to make a recommendation this week.

With no vote in such cases, the final say lies with him but several of his colleagues are understood to have firmly expressed the view at a recent meeting that a season-long ban would be a suitable punishment if City are found guilty. (more of the article at British Biased Sport)

520-DB695-A81-F-4079-B5-AB-934-B3654-B205.png

Yves Leterme is on record saying if the allegations are true then we should be banned from the Champions League, this arose when the der Spiegel stories first arose.

I think UEFA will impose a ban, I wonder if it will be suspended though. As in they get their punishment but it isn’t enough to cause a legal backlash.

If they ban us we will go nuclear on UEFA and FFP I have no doubt about it.

This has just been posted now ....haven't seen it officially on city twitter though

But this isn't breaking news ?

The "in good faith" line is important there. It reserves the right to say UEFA aren't behaving in good faith down the line.

Just drag the bastards and their media lackeys to court. Hire the best lawyers and rip the corrupt UEFA rag-loving bastards to shreds. Once we win, spend hundreds of millions knowing they can't touch us. The whole ffp fiasco is shit and cheating and the Spiegel accusations were gained through illegal means. Time to destroy this shit ffp charade and all who instigated it.

The above might be true, but FSG & LFC still have substantial contacts at the NYT.

It would have been interesting to see when the NYT would have released the City story if Liverpool had won the title.

Certainly not a day after.

You only have to go back to Arsenal FFP letter to the Pl, signed by the PZl cartel that was leaked.

I can live with a Champions League ban, but hopefully its not a European ban, otherwise I'll have to go on holidays with my actual family *shudders*.

I would love another go at the Europa - much better trips. Play the reserves or whatever, I couldn't care less - just get me to Kazakhstan and Moldova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.