UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If UEFA win you can be certain that all details will be leaked to the media within hours. If we win I sincerely hope we do not agree to keep the information under wraps. I think us fans deserve to see everything whatever the outcome. We are the paying customers.

I thought I had read that we also agreed that the Press/Media should not be in attendance?

Seems the wrong move, if true, if the evidence is irrefutable to strike back as those who have sullied our reputation.

not if the evidence at CAS is bound by confidentiality clauses (I have no idea if this is the case). No good if nobody knows about it!
If we introduce evidence at CAS it will not be bound by confidentiality clauses. The idea that it would be is quite frankly beyond stupid

Sounds to fit what I've heard.
The club stated that the info provided hadn't been considered, I think.
It does sound as though the club had the 5 year deadline in mind when dropping their evidence, which may play against City.

Presumably there is a deadline in the uefa rules for submitting evidence, I doubt we'd be stupid enough to go beyond any deadline.

If we pass on a 200 page dossier 1 day before the 5 year deadline for fresh charges to be brought against us is up, it's not our problem.

I thought I had read that we also agreed that the Press/Media should not be in attendance?

Seems the wrong move, if true, if the evidence is irrefutable to strike back as those who have sullied our reputation.
I think these hearings are always held in private with no obligation for anyone to publicise any detailed evidence. It's not an open court case. Someone on here may know better. Either way the best outcome would be City being cleared and then holding a full disclosure press conference. We need to lance this boil.

Presumably there is a deadline in the uefa rules for submitting evidence, I doubt we'd be stupid enough to go beyond any deadline.

If we pass on a 200 page dossier 1 day before the 5 year deadline for fresh charges to be brought against us is up, it's not our problem.

Agreed, if City have ignored the rules, then there's no hope.

I was thinking whether the club evidence could have been provided earlier than it was, or whether they held off, knowing that the IC were time-limited.

There would be a deadline for submission we were either within that or not simple really
If we were not within a deadline UEFA would have leaked that or City may have admitted it. As it is UEFA have not said that so I doubt that is the case, their excuse will be within the ""uncooperative" part of the charge I suspect.

Last edited:

City are playing the long game so not having the press in attendance may not be a bad thing. If the long game is the case then this CAS hearing is something City have to go through to justify a court hearing. If CAS uphold the ban and fine I believe City will be heading to the European or Swiss courts and if any leaks occur before a court case, like they did with the New York Times and others, before and during IC and AC hearings then I believe the balance tips in Citys favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.