UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is accepted that the club and Uefa will both be informed of the decision before it is announced to the public, given that we should have been finding out tomorrow i suspect it is safe to say we know the outcome now.

For what it's worth i trust the club given there consistent stance that we have done nothing wrong, I am also trusting that CAS are truly independant and as such will find in our favour, so many positive's out there such as the comments from KDB agent yesterday to make me think we have lost.

The judges may disagree, he takes a view and final decision, that is how it is put. I had the same thought. Think with a majority i doubt there would be an issue.
Unless the judges are in total agreement, he calls the shots!!!!!!!!!! Makes the voting a bit pointless if he can override it because they disagree, can see Gill and his mates tapping him up no end

Sorry to disappoint you, in civil litigation (which this is), your lawyers do literally receive the judgment a few days before it becomes public and final in Court. So you might receive an embargoed (by threat of contempt) draft of the judgment on the Monday for it to be handed down in Court on the Friday. In other words, yes the parties find out the result before the public.

In this case, I suspect it will be same so both parties can prepare for the press interest and correct any errors in the draft announcement.

On the day City and UEFA receive their copy of the report, BBC, SKY, THE DAILY BUGLE and the natives of the south pacific islands will know the fate of city in MASSIVE BIG HEADLINES. And that's a fact.

Unless the judges are in total agreement, he calls the shots!!!!!!!!!! Makes the voting a bit pointless if he can override it because they disagree, can see Gill and his mates tapping him up no end
If the other two disagree then what decision would he be overriding. It would be no different to them each having a casting vote and they go with the majority. Clearly tapping up by DGIAFC would be good grounds for appealing to the Swiss court.

I think it is accepted that the club and Uefa will both be informed of the decision before it is announced to the public, given that we should have been finding out tomorrow i suspect it is safe to say we know the outcome now.

For what it's worth i trust the club given there consistent stance that we have done nothing wrong, I am also trusting that CAS are truly independant and as such will find in our favour, so many positive's out there such as the comments from KDB agent yesterday to make me think we have *** lost.

I hope and assume there is a word missing there........................NOT

The rules aren't specific for this case - other cases can have multiple different outcomes, and City's rep had a 50% say in choosing the panel president.

I can't see why anyone thinks seriously that there will be undue influence on them.

Funny that some people say its a positive sign that we agreed to delay the publication from 10th to 13th as it possibly is good for City but at the same time City wont know the outcome before Friday so how we know what we agreed to to be delayed?

One thing is sure on Monday we will know, finally this long shit case is closed, if its a CL ban in any way for City our lawyers have to get to work on Plan B they might be already.

Do we know CAS cases regarding Uefa where a club was not happy with CAS decision and went to different body to get justice and won? We need to prepare maybe for that instead of swallowing 1 or 2 year ban if the outcome is bad.

The rules aren't specific for this case - other cases can have multiple different outcomes, and City's rep had a 50% say in choosing the panel president.

I can't see why anyone thinks seriously that there will be undue influence on them.
I'm pretty sure that CAS choose the president with no input from either side. Agree on their impartiality, that goes without saying (or should do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.