UEFA Independent Inquiry

If these tickets were so easy to "duplicate" (as your picture suggests) then UEFA have to take some blame for it.

I heard someone say yesterday that they (official tickets) didn't have the usual hologram on them.
Hologram or not. The QR reader at the turnstile isn't interested in that part of the ticket. And it's logistically impossible for stewards to pre check every ticket. If you buy a ticket without the hologram, all it means is you've been shafted!

If these tickets were so easy to "duplicate" (as your picture suggests) then UEFA have to take some blame for it.

I heard someone say yesterday that they (official tickets) didn't have the usual hologram on them.
There is no usual hologram. Last time was 2018 and they got rid when QR codes were used.

its a fuck up but brought about by LFC rejecting digital tickets…. Madrid had digital tickets and forging them is clearly more of a challenge.

Its fairly easy. If you have the right equipment. At least to get something that can pass a cursory visual check from a young steward at a cordon. Hologram/watermark/qr is different but it would likely be good enough to get you to the actual gate where the fun and games started….
Especially as one of the pre-security checks was abandoned because it was causing a dangerous crush.

bbc reporting now that "Liverpool have demanded an apology from the French Interior Minister".

Hologram or not. The QR reader at the turnstile isn't interested in that part of the ticket. And it's logistically impossible for stewards to pre check every ticket. If you buy a ticket without the hologram, all it means is you've been shafted!
Someone said the official tickets didn't have the hologram, so without it, copying a QR code would be as easy as photocopying it, so once used if attempted to be used again would be "fake" even if yours was actually the original.

There is no usual hologram. Last time was 2018 and they got rid when QR codes were used.
I was only saying what was reported on TV, I've no idea if it's normal or not, but copying a QR code is easy with modern printing skills, so something is wrong there.

Our own season tickets are now mostly digital, (I know you can get paper replacements in some cases), and obviously they can be transferred, but you wouldn't be able to use it more than once, unlike a good paper copy of a QR code.

@Bluearmy pic earlier shows someone on facebook with a large wad of tickets in a plastic bag, so someone duplicated the QR codes easily.

Most of the French I've met hate the Parisians more than the English! They see them as the Welsh see the English -coming to our village and buying our cottages and pushing up the prices so the kids can't afford them.
Having said that, the inhabitants of Azincourt (correct spelling) don't seem to object the English coming to pay the entrance fee to look at the memorabilia of the battle in the museum there. (Well worth a visit)
I read the Bernard Cornwell novel on Azincourt some years ago, excellent book like all his novels, but it was published as Agincourt in the States. I'm sure other people in other countries pronounce and spell British names differently than we do but I find it funny when clueless journos work themselves into a lather about correct pronunciation and then carry on talking about Innyacho and Angelinio. Would love to visit the museum of I ever visit the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.