UEFA Independent Inquiry

I read the Bernard Cornwell novel on Azincourt some years ago, excellent book like all his novels, but it was published as Agincourt in the States. I'm sure other people in other countries pronounce and spell British names differently than we do but I find it funny when clueless journos work themselves into a lather about correct pronunciation and then carry on talking about Innyacho and Angelinio. Would love to visit the museum of I ever visit the area.
Innyacho has a museum?

They had to disperse people quickly, tear gas and pepper spray is there to temporarily cause non permanent pain. Should they have gone in with batons instead causing proper bodily harm?

That stadium has hosted a World Cup final Euro 2016 final and a champions league final back in 2006. Not to mention six nations and various concert and events on top of that, why has this never happened before? They have had a terrorist attack happen at the Stade De France, who’s fault would it have been if a suicide bomber detonated themselves in the middle of the crowds pushing to get in? They had to disperse people to get eyes on what threats could be potentially coming into the stadium. The French have a right to be heavy handed considering how many people died in a terrorist attack on TV
The Liverpool end was packed, with no visible aisles.
So if those people stuck outside had been allowed in - say they'd opened a gate - and there'd been a disaster caused by crushing, whose fault would it have been?
Why, obviously, the fault of Chief Superintendent Maigret.
So, it seems to me, that the French Police did their job. Their methods may have been 'heavy handed' by UK standards, but are fully vindicated by the fact that no one died. Well done, French rozzers.
Yes we’ll done for spraying children with pepper spray. Good job.

Someone said the official tickets didn't have the hologram, so without it, copying a QR code would be as easy as photocopying it, so once used if attempted to be used again would be "fake" even if yours was actually the original.

I was only saying what was reported on TV, I've no idea if it's normal or not, but copying a QR code is easy with modern printing skills, so something is wrong there.

Our own season tickets are now mostly digital, (I know you can get paper replacements in some cases), and obviously they can be transferred, but you wouldn't be able to use it more than once, unlike a good paper copy of a QR code.

@Bluearmy pic earlier shows someone on facebook with a large wad of tickets in a plastic bag, so someone duplicated the QR codes easily.
You can do that with a photocopier and it would work once, the thousand others wouldn't. They are easy to reproduce, but getting access to them to reproduce lots of different ones is extremely unlikely.

What does stand out is if they closed off the fences/gates, those who got to the turnstiles with fakes were not being refused and let out that way?

Someone said the official tickets didn't have the hologram, so without it, copying a QR code would be as easy as photocopying it, so once used if attempted to be used again would be "fake" even if yours was actually the original.

I was only saying what was reported on TV, I've no idea if it's normal or not, but copying a QR code is easy with modern printing skills, so something is wrong there.

Our own season tickets are now mostly digital, (I know you can get paper replacements in some cases), and obviously they can be transferred, but you wouldn't be able to use it more than once, unlike a good paper copy of a QR code.

@Bluearmy pic earlier shows someone on facebook with a large wad of tickets in a plastic bag, so someone duplicated the QR codes easily.
There were many others also boasting on twatter and comments from their own fans on Rawk….a few shown below

Attachments

• 30A36400-4365-4477-BBB4-08D5E7B5D30D.jpeg
    30A36400-4365-4477-BBB4-08D5E7B5D30D.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 139
  • BFF93D2E-2F7B-4948-9C09-95ADE4455CBE.jpeg
    BFF93D2E-2F7B-4948-9C09-95ADE4455CBE.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 9A329389-6F08-4BFC-AA12-4F9C20623822.jpeg
    9A329389-6F08-4BFC-AA12-4F9C20623822.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hologram or not. The QR reader at the turnstile isn't interested in that part of the ticket. And it's logistically impossible for stewards to pre check every ticket. If you buy a ticket without the hologram, all it means is you've been shafted!
Can you just clarify that it is indeed a possibility to copy the QR code, stick it on a fake ticket, and for that QR code to scan through the turnstile ok if used before the real one, which in turn renders the real ticket (being scanned later) invalid? Reason being that I'm just having a discussion with a Liverpool fan on Twitter and trying to explain to him a possible reason as to why his mum's (genuine) ticket didn't scan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.