UEFA Independent Inquiry

Lots of people preferring to believe a right wing French government and it’s military police force rather than scores of independent journalists and onlookers with video evidence, just because it doesn’t suit your agenda.
The organization of this final was a shambles. It’s the authorities jobs to manage a football crowd properly; including dealing with counterfeit tickets. This doesn’t involve kettling fans who turn up 3 hours prior to kick off and indiscriminately spraying them with pepper spray.
Maybe I’m too old for this rivalry stuff…take the piss out if Liverpool because they lost 2 trophies in a week, not because 8 year old kids got kettled and pepper sprayed. Would the police have behaved any differently if City were there? They’d have employed the same tactics.
I am convinced the truth is in the middle
Any City fan that goes regularly to European away games knows that a number of countries (not just the French) have police who treat you appallingly and are desperate for you to step even slightly out of line so they can go in hard. The problem is with all the fakes some scousers had (and there were clearly loads) that as a result a lot of innocent scousers were impacted. They can thank their own for causing this. The press are also surprised by all this as they don’t notice (or choose not to notice) the way fans are always treated before and after games every other European game

The coverage of this by the British media has been fucking disgusting. This is miles worse than the made up shit they throw at us, I can take that all day, actually makes me laugh and makes winning that bit sweeter… but the defending deflecting and brushing under the carpet of the goings on from Liverpool fans and the xenophobic slander of French authorities and UEFA is something I can’t stomach.

I hope this investigation shows what the rest of the football world can see clear as day a mile off. I hope Liverpool have to play games behind closed doors next season.
I hope the French authorities and Uefa stand by with what they have found out. A proper stance is needed to not only shut the dippers up but the media as well. We all know they will come out with victim card though.

Lots of people preferring to believe a right wing French government and it’s military police force rather than scores of independent journalists and onlookers with video evidence, just because it doesn’t suit your agenda.
The organization of this final was a shambles. It’s the authorities jobs to manage a football crowd properly; including dealing with counterfeit tickets. This doesn’t involve kettling fans who turn up 3 hours prior to kick off and indiscriminately spraying them with pepper spray.
Maybe I’m too old for this rivalry stuff…take the piss out if Liverpool because they lost 2 trophies in a week, not because 8 year old kids got kettled and pepper sprayed. Would the police have behaved any differently if City were there? They’d have employed the same tactics.
Kettled?

This really gets on my wick. Some whining scouser was on 5 live a day or two ago ranting on about how they'd been "kettled" in an underpass, only moving forward about three feet every one or two minutes for about an hour. He was scared for his life as the "crush" developed.
Were they in a kettle, or merely a slightly sluggish queue caused by thousands trying to jib in, I wonder?...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.