UEFA Independent Inquiry

Lots of people preferring to believe a right wing French government and it’s military police force rather than scores of independent journalists and onlookers with video evidence, just because it doesn’t suit your agenda.
The organization of this final was a shambles. It’s the authorities jobs to manage a football crowd properly; including dealing with counterfeit tickets. This doesn’t involve kettling fans who turn up 3 hours prior to kick off and indiscriminately spraying them with pepper spray.
Maybe I’m too old for this rivalry stuff…take the piss out if Liverpool because they lost 2 trophies in a week, not because 8 year old kids got kettled and pepper sprayed. Would the police have behaved any differently if City were there? They’d have employed the same tactics.
The question is, would the police need to have acted in that if Cuty was there, I suggest, possibly but nowhere near as much as they needed to on Saturday.

Lots of people preferring to believe a right wing French government and it’s military police force rather than scores of independent journalists and onlookers with video evidence, just because it doesn’t suit your agenda.
The organization of this final was a shambles. It’s the authorities jobs to manage a football crowd properly; including dealing with counterfeit tickets. This doesn’t involve kettling fans who turn up 3 hours prior to kick off and indiscriminately spraying them with pepper spray.
Maybe I’m too old for this rivalry stuff…take the piss out if Liverpool because they lost 2 trophies in a week, not because 8 year old kids got kettled and pepper sprayed. Would the police have behaved any differently if City were there? They’d have employed the same tactics.

People would have died if the police wouldn't have done their job on Saturday, we should be thanking the French police not protecting thousands of jibbing feral scousers.

This isn't some tribal guttural nonsense, if you want convincing check the 1985 cup final for historic reference.

The question is, would the police need to have acted in that if Cuty was there, I suggest, possibly but nowhere near as much as they needed to on Saturday.

They reacted how they did because they realised the stadium was nearly full and there was still thousands outside plus the fake tickets. Saying all that how England fans get treated in France Italy and Spain is a disgrace Uefa ain’t much better.

They reacted how they did because they realised the stadium was nearly full and there was still thousands outside plus the fake tickets. Saying all that how England fans get treated in France Italy and Spain is a disgrace Uefa ain’t much better.
Unfortunately all get tarred with the same brush, can’t blame them though ….

Let's just hope that any fakes can be chased back to the original holder. Dipper employee's would be nice.
I've read 2700 admitted to ground on forged tickets. Has it been established where they came from?

Exactly.
3 things at play here:

1. Use of fake/no tickets to get in.

2. “Local” criminals mugging fans before and after the game.

3. Actions of the police in using pepper spray, tear gas etc…

the uk media deny 1 exists. The French authorities deny 2 and 3 exist.

my personal experiences of Paris are of a city that is full of people out to mug and rob tourists. It’s the worst in Europe for it. A large proportion appear to be immigrants also.
They don’t ‘appear’to be immigrants; they are immigrants.

How do you deal with 30k people trying to get in without tickets?

Ensure safety is paramount, lock the gates to prevent crushing, disperse the crowd….

Sounds like they did it well.

I've read 2700 admitted to ground on forged tickets. Has it been established where they came from?
My take on this was 2700 will be given their money back as these were not used through the system before kick off, as these may have been left outside due to the crowds being held back then they will be re- imbursed to compensate.
May be wrong just my take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.