Uefas new money laws?

Was it not Spurs and 3 or 4 other clubs who were behind the campaign that eventually led to the end of shared gate receipts?

Manc in London said:
Was it not Spurs and 3 or 4 other clubs who were behind the campaign that eventually led to the end of shared gate receipts?

think it was liverpool and manu (surprise surprise)

warpig said:
Manc in London said:

think it was liverpool and manu (surprise surprise)

I knew the Rags were involved too (as you states, it goes without saying) but I am convinced 4 or 5 clubs were behind andSpurs were one of them

i kne albert davy said:
very good of a spuds fan to tell us its ok for roman to poor billions into chelski cos they were already winning things, how on earth doe's the numpty think they changed from a yoyo bottom end of div 1 club to challengers doe's the name matthew harding the multi millionare not jump to mind some of these half wits make me piss. if they're that interested in fairness let the f.a.collect all gate monies sponserships and football related sales and divide it equally between the 92 now thats fair.

Firstly why the need for insults....?? Why call me a numpty?? or a half wit??

What Matthew Harding put into Chelsea, pro rata to what your owner has done is nowhere near comparable.... look... I hate Chelsea and Arsenal and have defended them both tonight.

Harding left a legacy in his will so that a club that was going out of business would survive..... and even that dinosaur Bates had the best interests of the club at heart when he set the CPO (Chelsea Pitch Owners) a group that basically own the freehold land the pitch sits on... they sell shares at £100 a time and have around 50,000 members. It stops Roman selling the ground for re-development as it is the most expensive bit of fooball real estate in England....

I don't hear you having a go at my team..... we also very nearly went bust until Lord Sugar bailed us out.... and over the period of the PL we too have spend a lot of money (over £300m on transfer fees), but we have generated around £200m in income selling players..... but that's called running a business as well as a football club that has finished in the top 5 in 3 of the last 5 years and earned a CL place on merit last season...

Many teams have had "investment" over the years, but it has been mostly over a period of years and even in the case of Chelsea (it has taken 8 years), it is almost all sustainable.... If Roman walked out of Chelsea, admittedly having converted his loans to shares, they would now survive.....

If the Sheikh walked away in the next 3 years (whilst you have players on ridiculously high wages) is your club sustainable?? (one word answers please)......

That is what pisses off fans of other clubs..... it's not jealousy as some of you think, and contrary to popular belief not every fan wants a rich owner.... we already have one, but he is not there to keep the club afloat in our case.

Whilst you have bought some very good players (Tevez and Silva for me are the best two) the likes of Milner, Barry, Yaya are all not worth (a) the money paid for them (b) the money paid to them.....

I mean Milner, Yaya, Silva cost £75m ish.....

For that we have Lennon, Bale, Modric, VDV, THud, Bentley, Kranjcar, Jenas, Palacios and still have change for our new Brazilian boy.....

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Secondly the buying the league no matter team bond, manager, luck etc... has already been disproved when Chelsea spent 2 and a half years with a broken bond and shit managers while spending money still!!!! Real Madrid also proved this.

I agree with you in essence, but I felt like I had to point out something, Chelsea were still a very, very good side from 2007-2009.

2006-07 Under Mourinho, suffered a huge injury crisis, finished 2nd, got to the Semi-Finals of the Champions League and won the FA Cup

2007-08 Finished one point behind Manchester United in second and lost the Champions League final by a couple of inches.

2008-09 Finished third in the league, Won the FA Cup, Were plain and simply cheated out of the Champions League final

The reasons Chelsea won the league so quickly were we already had an excellent foundation and were winning cups and qualifying for the Champions League, we spent our money very wisely and we had Jose Mourinho. Although it was brilliant to see Chelsea finally win the league, it did feel like a hollow victory, I have to be honest.

At the moment it feels like far less of a hollow victory, as if you take into account how much money we have spent on our actual playing squad (i.e the players we actually have), it is comparable to Manchester United's and a less than Manchester City's. It's also feels better as we simply aren't spending anywhere near as much as we used to, so it is now more important than ever to actually coach the team.

...and MarcSpurs, thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. Not too fond of Spurs, but you certainly know your football, mate.

Firstly why the need for insults....?? Why call me a numpty?? or a half wit??

What Matthew Harding put into Chelsea, pro rata to what your owner has done is nowhere near comparable.... look... I hate Chelsea and Arsenal and have defended them both tonight.

Harding left a legacy in his will so that a club that was going out of business would survive..... and even that dinosaur Bates had the best interests of the club at heart when he set the CPO (Chelsea Pitch Owners) a group that basically own the freehold land the pitch sits on... they sell shares at £100 a time and have around 50,000 members. It stops Roman selling the ground for re-development as it is the most expensive bit of fooball real estate in England....

I don't hear you having a go at my team..... we also very nearly went bust until Lord Sugar bailed us out.... and over the period of the PL we too have spend a lot of money (over £300m on transfer fees), but we have generated around £200m in income selling players..... but that's called running a business as well as a football club that has finished in the top 5 in 3 of the last 5 years and earned a CL place on merit last season...

Many teams have had "investment" over the years, but it has been mostly over a period of years and even in the case of Chelsea (it has taken 8 years), it is almost all sustainable.... If Roman walked out of Chelsea, admittedly having converted his loans to shares, they would now survive.....

If the Sheikh walked away in the next 3 years (whilst you have players on ridiculously high wages) is your club sustainable?? (one word answers please)......

That is what pisses off fans of other clubs..... it's not jealousy as some of you think, and contrary to popular belief not every fan wants a rich owner.... we already have one, but he is not there to keep the club afloat in our case.

Whilst you have bought some very good players (Tevez and Silva for me are the best two) the likes of Milner, Barry, Yaya are all not worth (a) the money paid for them (b) the money paid to them.....
.yes perhaps i shouldn't be calling you names after all i don't know you could be a top spurs fan who shows that much interest in city as to come on here quite often.Nice to know we're getting noticed even down south and yes u deserved your champions league spot this year, remains to to be seen if u can do it again next year. But i would say to you not many fans would turn down a rich owner putting money into their club what do u think the lemon and lime cos we ain't got a dime protests about across the city would u believe its cos the owners ain,t got enough money,and if the sheikh were to walk away tomorrow the club couldn't survive as it is now but if you think he's going to do that your in cuckoo land sorry to tell yer but today football's about money and big money we saw that last week with rooney and if you a'int got it you can't compete

Maybe we SHOULD do it the Arsenal way. It would be a lot cheaper to plunder the academies of the world and pay top whack for the kids who are just on the cusp of making it big and claim we brought them through from our magical academy.

And if Platini's Protect The G14 rules see us banned from the Champions League then we could adopt the tried and tested Arsenal route of bribing an official to vote us into the league and once in it we could pick a G14 club and buy their manager and all their players to make sure we really cement ourselves in place.

Then we can c**t off to everyone forevermore about our proud history of doing things the right way.

squirtyflower said:
thread full of stinking cockernee eel pie munchers

Cockneys are people that grow up in East London, more specifically within the sound of Bowe bells (even East Londoners will correct you on that one). Chelsea/Fulham Broadway- South West London. Tottenham- North London. Just thought I'd point that out haha. Oh, and it's jellied eels, not eel pie, and they taste horrible.

Still funny how we've got an Arsenal supporter, Tottenham fan and a Chelsea fan in a thread predominantly about City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.