UK far right trouble July/August 24

Concerned parents? Do me a fucking favour.

They are fucking idiots who believe the lies and misinformation on social media and go out behaving like twats. Most of them don't even know what they are rioting about.

I'm a concerned parent but I don't feel the need to act like a ****.

I sat my 10 year lad down and explained to him what happened in Southport and tried to reassure him that something like that is very rare and that me and his mum will do anything to keep him safe. I also had to explain to him why the doors at his local community centre where he has his karate lessons will now be locked for the foreseeable future to keep the kids and instructors safe.

That's what a concerned parent should do, not behave like a twat
That doesn't mean some of the people turning up to protests aren't concerned parents it's just don't you agree with them/or are attaching the behaviour of the thugs and the far right to them. Take the protests in Liverpool for example, scan the crowd, listen to the views they aren't all far right but we are losing them to far right voices because we just keep calling them racist.

Also, half the knob heads out for ruck aren't far right either. I've met real far right people and they are much more sinister than this.

The Tories have allowed increased immigration but you don't appear to have noticed. Or perhaps you'd rather just ignore it? They allowed people in (and with good reason) from Hong Kong, although that went through quietly. Same with Ukrainians.
So it's beginning to look as if it's just asylum seekers and predominantly those that aren't white that the far right have a problem with, or have I got this wrong?
BTW you keep banging on about party politics despite being rather partisan yourself. I'm a fully paid-up Labour Party member and trade unionist FWIW. Where do you stand? Because as far as I'm concerned: if it looks like a Tory and talks like a Tory, it's a Tory.
Non sequitur.

We've had 14 years of Tories, mate. There's your problem...not immigration "If people find their local services stretched by GOVERNMENT CUTS....
And what "immigration" are you talking about? The Polish? The Irish?
Immigration has always happened and always will. A lot of it is our own country's doing, too. It will never be stopped. In fact, it will increase in the coming years due to climate change.
I'm in Dundee today where the jute industry was..... founded by Dutch immigrants.

So you disagree with the levels of immigration?
No. You keep saying that but you are drawing false conclusions.
Since you ask, II am a radical. I moved from the centre to the left and then beyond that to a position of wanting a completely new constitution. I have not defended the tories as you suppose but have pointed out that those wailing about Tory cuts etc are talking nonsense at worst, irrelevance at best. The spending is not the problem, it is the lack of long term management. The time to put in management of the situation was 1945. I am still waiting. The current gov haven’t proposed any management policies yet, just ‘Stop the boats’. In saying that, I am suggesting that nothing has changed.
My multi ethnic family would be aghast at your suggestion that I am a Tory. One part of that family thinks I am a dangerous revolutionary! Clue: Federal Republic, five parliaments minimum, no monarchy, no aristocracy, no titles, no BE honours, all money decisions made where they are spent, much higher taxation on middle incomes, etc etc.
Are you ready to accept Danish levels of taxation?

Last edited:
There is no doubt the the past 14 years of Tory policy, and their recent turn to extremist language, has brought us to where we are today.
Yep, this is the result of years of inaction and blame apportioning by the tories with the pot being stirred by the likes of braverman and jenrick.
They knew what they were doing and that, as usual, a labour government would have to pick up the bill and clean up the mess.

That doesn't mean some of the people turning up to protests aren't concerned parents it's just don't you agree with them/or are attaching the behaviour of the thugs and the far right to them. Take the protests in Liverpool for example, scan the crowd, listen to the views they aren't all far right but we are losing them to far right voices because we just keep calling them racist.

Also, half the knob heads out for ruck aren't far right either. I've met real far right people and they are much more sinister than this.

Fuck me, stop apologising for these dickheads.

If you have got involved in this rioting, either directly or indirectly, you're an absolute wanker.

I do. We need more immigrants to cover the skills gaps particularly in the care sector.

We need to invest too in infrastructure to cope with increased population too, and I'm not just talking about immigrants.

So you didn’t agree with Labour’s manifesto pledges then? (To get immigration down)

IMHO the problem with folk blaming the tories is Labours language is no better. If we consider Brexit was a similar outpouring of anti immigration (not all leave voters were racist but all racists voted leave is probably accurate) then we can view that Remain lost the Brexit vote because they failed to explain the benefits, our politicians do exactly the same with immigration, “we will get this under control” (like it’s a bad thing) this leaves people like you extolling the benefits against people who see it as the cause of all their ills. You (and millions like you) can’t be the last line of defence for ignorance.

Now is the time to change the narrative. I hope to see Labour do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.