UK far right trouble July/August 24

Wonder if that's legal. I knew he was right wing but that's quite shocking.
I dare not think about what things would be like if we had same gun rights as America. The rage out there is virulent.

A privileged background that afforded him all sorts of opportunities and he ends up touting for money by inciting racial hatred. Can't get much more pathetic than that.

What I do find cringy is when I hear the left protestors shouting ' nazi scum off our streets'. I think there's a slight difference in that I'm sure these mindless thugs that are rioting haven't killed millions of Jews. I think I'd leave that one out next time
You might want to look at the how Nazi party started, while you're at it, read up on some of the early behavior of the party.

What I do find cringy is when I hear the left protestors shouting ' nazi scum off our streets'. I think there's a slight difference in that I'm sure these mindless thugs that are rioting haven't killed millions of Jews. I think I'd leave that one out next time
The reason this argument doesn’t work is the Nazi party existed before they systematically murdered 6 million Jews.

I've not advocated or stated a POV on anything here KS - just illustrating (with back of fag packet maths admittedly) there's not just a few wealthy elites and the amount they have. For full disclosure tho my political and economic views do align closer to Nordic countries than here but that's for another thread.
Ok, I’ll reframe: there is no point in looking at these numbers unless you are in favour of a wealth tax. Alternatively, which I personally prefer, is a much higher rate of income tax especially on dividends and rents and also property taxes. A much higher rate of income tax, however, requires a recasting of other parts of the tax code and a shift to consumption taxes.
Phew!

To be fair to the nazi’s, they didn’t kill millions of Jews at the start. Burned their shops and books first, then stopped them being in the armed forces, then stopped them being doctors, then stopped them having any jobs. Genuine Concentration camps then followed.
Genuine question now:
If you asked the people stirring this up and, many of the people being stirred, if they thought it was a good idea to do the above steps to Muslims, ‘illegals’ and, in some some cases, all non-whites, what do you think they would say?
Yeah, i was going to say it took the Nazis a while to get going on their killing spree. Nobody has been killed yet but sadly it only looks a matter of time. The lad in town on Saturday getting kicked whilst on the floor could easily have been killed. Or if the bricks through terraced houses had just hit someone sat on their sofa. Wonder if he has a set number of deaths for them to hit before he doesn’t mind people calling the racist scumbags Nazis!

The Jews don't happen to be the target this time around.
Muslims have been brought on as a sub.
But remember - the Nazis did not only persecute or kill Jews. It was pretty much anyone who wasn't them. They didn't say: 'Oh, we've killed enough Jews now. Time to be Liberal Democrats.'

Do you not think it’s appropriate to refer to people with swastika tattoos and doing Hitler salutes as Nazis? Especially when they’re trying to set fire to buildings with people inside. That all happened in 1930s Germany several years before the Holocaust.

I've unfollowed maybe 30 or more people on Twitter over the last few days because they're posting or reposting racist shite. A couple of people I knew personally and was friendly with as well.

Hopefully one good thing that might come out of all this is that maybe some people who have had some sympathy with the views being expressed about immigrants, etc., might think twice after seeing the actions of some of their fellow travellers.

Another is that the threat from far-right racists is now clear for all to see. I'd also like to see a moratorium on all protest marches for a month so that police resources are free to deal with trouble from anyone ignoring that.
One thing that has emerged from all of this (good or bad, most probably bad) is it has shown me who I need to block. I’m just sad that so many of them are fellow Blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.