UK far right trouble July/August 24

Its Sad what is happening right now. As a British born Asian, I fear for what will happen over the next few weeks/years. Even my kids are afraid. My daughter was in a pub in Droylsden a few weeks ago with my nephew and was confronted by 3 lads in the pub, questioning what they were doing in there. They then said you are ok as you are having a drink but if we saw you out on the street you'd get abuse.

The lads said they voted for Reform as they have promised to get rid of your lot. Thankfully both my daughter and nephew didn't say anything.

These are tough times.
Sad when you can't even go out for a drink without some bellends mithering you!

University in 2012, and I always loved the UK. Also had relatives in the country from around 2004. I am also very skilled at speaking and writing the language, and you’d have to try very hard to detect that I am a foreigner when speaking to me.

I tried, and it has been a brilliant life experience, but I want something else now.
Well, I’m sorry you feel you have to leave and I’m sure the country will be worse off for you so doing. As I’m sure you already know, the vast, vast majority of people in England are not typical of the apparent views currently on show and I trust you will feel happy to return, whenever you should so wish. Good luck with it and I trust you’ll still be posting on here?

I would say though, since the assault on the working class in 1979, is that this behaviour is now prevalent every decade or so. It happens in London or Bristol or Luton or Portsmouth and many of the traditional working class cities north of, and including, Birmingham. It’s usually in the summer and it always leads to looting and the like.
And now, 2024. Hiatus likely caused by Brexit.

I do fear though, that another round of austerity as suggested by Reeves and Starmer and which always hits the poorest much harder than everyone else, will lead to more disenfranchisement and, potentially, give even more inroads for the people encouraging this violence.

Why we assuming they're on benefits, the people outed so far have been sacked from their jobs or were sole traders who have ruined their own businesses.
I didn’t say they were, just make checks to see if they are and if so take measures to sort them out . No doubt if they are being sacked and businesses going bust they will be putting new claims in which should be refused

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.