UK far right trouble July/August 24

They may hold views that are compatible with Nazism, but that doesn’t make them Nazis, which was, it should be remembered, a term deployed by Putin to justify invading Ukraine.

I think enough pejorative terms can be channeled towards them without deploying one which is plainly inaccurate and thereby undermines the argument somewhat.

If you go back, the point argued people calling them far right. As well as nazi. It went down a distracting rabbit hole after that.

Christian Nation my arse.

First, less than 10% go to church. Even most people who call themselves Christians are secular Christians at best. Far more are atheists or agnostics.

Second, if this was a Christian nation people would not be behaving like this. It goes directly contrary to the teachings of Jesus. (Jesus was not a Nazi.) If in doubt, read the words of Jesus in the Bible. (Not the Old Testament.)

Third, I would love to transport this **** back to the early 15th Century for a little chat with Archbishop Arundel about the Christian faith. My guess is he'd have no idea how to answer the crucial questions about the Mass and would be burnt at the stake.

11th Commandment - Thou shall not be a ****.

If you go back, the point argued people calling them far right. As well as nazi. It went down a distracting rabbit hole after that.
I think a significant number are definitely far right, others are simply there to engage in, or to aid and/or abet criminality, many of whom will be racist without being closely affiliated to any political movement. It is, as ever, nuanced. Either way, they are people, without whom society would undeniably be a better place.

Do you not think it’s appropriate to refer to people with swastika tattoos and doing Hitler salutes as Nazis? Especially when they’re trying to set fire to buildings with people inside. That all happened in 1930s Germany several years before the Holocaust.
Speaking of 1930s, that Lineker tweet about 1930s rhetoric being inflammatory seems to have been proven correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.