UK far right trouble July/August 24

It's only a guess/opinion but I reckon a lot of these involved in the riots hate everyone that isn't like them. It's not just people from overseas etc it's also people (of any colour) that they consider to represent authority or an obstacle to getting what they want (by whatever means).
Often involved in drugs, criminality and basically just being twats for much of their lives.

A lot of it is borne out of jealousy.

The same sort who didn’t like the bright kids in school.

The same sort who take the piss out of the university educated.

The same sort who break into people’s property or vandalise nice cars etc.

The same sort who’d rather steal than get off their arse and work hard for something.

“Underclass” has nasty connotations but for want of a better word it’s what these people are.

The same sort who’d rather steal than get off their arse and work hard for something.

“Underclass” has nasty connotations but for want of a better word it’s what these people are.

Which is partly why in a lot of these 'populist', authoritarian regimes, the educated and intellectuals often end up imprisoned or killed.

It's also why the JSO protesters are looked down on so much. Admittedly they did some stupid annoying things, but nothing long-term or fear-inducing. Their reason were at least based on science, rather than what a few gobshites told them.

Which is partly why in a lot of these 'populist', authoritarian regimes, the educated and intellectuals often end up imprisoned or killed.

It's also why the JSO protesters are looked down on so much. Admittedly they did some stupid annoying things, but nothing long-term or fear-inducing. Their reason were at least based on science, rather than what a few gobshites told them.

Agreed.

Though the just stop oil clowns can get in the bin.

As a self-confessed member of the university educated middle class who drives a diesel chugging Land Rover I’m exactly the sort of person they should be winning over, but it’s quite the opposite.

I work in marketing so in those terms, their campaign objective is great and something everyone should be buying (climate change awareness).

Their strategy and tactics couldn’t be worse.

Their problem is one of communications - they’re aiming at their studenty peers, no who their actual target audience should be.

I lived in social housing when I was a young divorced mum. I worked and my son went to nursery from a very young age.
There were other single parents on the estate that did their best too, but there was definitely a small minority who thought us "stuck up." We weren't, it's just that we kept to ourselves, worked, had boundaries for our kids and didn't spend all day sat in other people's houses slagging off "friends."

Just stop oil protesters were arrested at Manchester Airport today....trying to fuck peoples holidays up

Its Sad what is happening right now. As a British born Asian, I fear for what will happen over the next few weeks/years. Even my kids are afraid. My daughter was in a pub in Droylsden a few weeks ago with my nephew and was confronted by 3 lads in the pub, questioning what they were doing in there. They then said you are ok as you are having a drink but if we saw you out on the street you'd get abuse.

The lads said they voted for Reform as they have promised to get rid of your lot. Thankfully both my daughter and nephew didn't say anything.

These are tough times.

That is legitimately scary.

Living in London is basically akin to living in a bubble. I'm black, but I would say around half my friendship group are Muslims (Somalis, Pakistanis, Egyptians). We're all just carrying on with our lives with very little of this impacting London and the boroughs we live in.

Then I talk to friends who live up north, and they're increasingly getting more and more frightened to step outside out of their houses. Running little basic errands, that none of them would have given a seconds thoughts to before, are now much more of a concern.

I hope you and your family stay safe brother. It pains me to hear stuff like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.