UK far right trouble July/August 24

Just had a security briefing at work. Expecting trouble in the Salford area at 1pm and in Oldham this evening.

Strong rumours of trouble in Glodwick yesterday (to the point where they sent the staff of the NHS building we manage home) didn't materialise.

Do you have any info on this?

I’ve got family who work with underprivileged kids predominantly from the Muslim community in Oldham

Did Fox , Braverman, and all the other cowardly shit stirrers really think that their twaddle would not have real world consequences?
This is not a game.
Any deaths are their responsibility morally . In part.

I don't want to upset anyone but the counter-jihad movement behind Yaxley-Lennon does have a Jewish element. Douglas Murray also has a column in the Jewish Chronicle despite being a long-standing, blatant (gentile) shit stirrer against Islam.
Then there is Melanie Phillips and her Londistan book. More shit stirring that has a slow and dangerous cumulative effect.

I don't see a good ending to this. Long-term.
I also suspect that the forces of law and order and the armed forces are full of people who do not want nonwhites here, hate 'lefties' and are just waiting for the 'right' kind of government to take power.

But you're mostly talking about other countries, and focussing on the negative aspects of religion.

I was pointing out that putting religious people in a box that is marked "hate and violence" doesn't reflect the majority in this country. Christianity may be more marginal in people's lives, but most churches have become more tolerant as society as a whole has changed. Similarly, life for the majority of Muslim women in this country is very different to the more strict regimes in certain countries.

I do agree that we need to be cautious, but only in the same way we have to be cautious about the kind of intolerant views that are driving the current violence. Social media has made it a lot easier to divide people, and push groups with broadly similar views into ideological ghettos, where their attitudes can spiral. We see it on all sides that some groups are becoming less not more tolerant, and that's certainly a worry.
Those who control social media control the world.
Goodbye facts, science, rational debate and democracy.

But you're mostly talking about other countries, and focussing on the negative aspects of religion.

I was pointing out that putting religious people in a box that is marked "hate and violence" doesn't reflect the majority in this country. Christianity may be more marginal in people's lives, but most churches have become more tolerant as society as a whole has changed. Similarly, life for the majority of Muslim women in this country is very different to the more strict regimes in certain countries.

I do agree that we need to be cautious, but only in the same way we have to be cautious about the kind of intolerant views that are driving the current violence. Social media has made it a lot easier to divide people, and push groups with broadly similar views into ideological ghettos, where their attitudes can spiral. We see it on all sides that some groups are becoming less not more tolerant, and that's certainly a worry.
I just think that any religion that preaches such things is mostly incompatible with our values and we should rightly be suspicious of it. It's just something to guard against because it is a huge cultural and attitude difference. Personally I wish we could just reject religion entirely but I'm never going to get that wish.

My brother is gay and I'm particularly defensive against anything that might affect his rights or safety. I'd agree though that he's FAR more likely to have problems with the scum who are smashing things up on the streets because I'd bet my house that the majority of them are homophobes as much as they are islamophobes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.