UK far right trouble July/August 24

I never said X was a free speech platform but it does offer more scope for people to post because I can post , you can post independent journalists can, mainstream news outlets can post. Surely having that ability is better than a very few sources of media that act like an arm of the government sometime

I don't really give a shit about Elon Musk as a person or his business ventures or anything. I was saying x as a platform at least has more scope for different views than the BBC, Sky etc. it's not perfect, far from it, but i would rather support a platform that allows more variation than them.

As someone from a family that lived under actual communism and all the media being state run, I would say that things like the BBC are not a million miles from that. At least platforms like X give independent journalists a chance which you wouldn't get in some places, and I can only support that, even if it's not perfect.
I can’t post on there as I deleted my account (which I registered 22 days after Twitter initially launched, by the way) after being targeted with absolutely crazy amounts of abuse (both public and via DM, including death threats, cross-posting my other social media profiles, and someone posting what they said was my home address, though, thankfully it wasn’t) by Musk cult followers for posting a long thread about all of the instances of unchecked censorship, disinformation, and incitement that had occurred since Musk took over Twxttxr. My account was initially suspended without any actual explanation and then, when it was reinstated, I had limited ability to post. I have not been back on since deleting my account and don’t plan to ever go back on whilst he controls the platform. I’ve never been attacked by the governments of the UK, US, or Spain for posting such criticisms.

What you have failed to highlight is that real journalists must meet standards of sourcing, factuality, and accountability, both imposed on them by the organisations they work for and by the nations in which they operate, otherwise they face legal (in some cases, rising to the level of criminal) consequences. They are also protected against such mob and corporate actions against them for publishing vetted work.

Is that system perfect? Absolutely not, as it can be intentionally or unintentionally abused.

But what exists on Twxttxr is far worse, as it not only has no enforced standards of sourcing, factuality, or accountability, it actually actively encourages the dissemination of mis/disinformation and aggressive—often spilling in to violent—silencing of dissent of the person that controls the platform or accounts sharing patently false (often hatred-filled) content.

And that leads to direct and indirect incitement of disorder and violence, often by design by both Musk and aligned bad actor accounts.

someone was asking about this yesterday - looks like 4 white guys were about to set upon an Asian guy just as a gang came around the corner resulting reversion to Plan Z and running away - slowest guy got caught

That doesn't excuse anything in my book. Vile behaviour and they should be facing prison time along with the rest of the rioters, looters, arsonists etc.

Isn't there a few spots available in Rwanda, although that might not be fair to Rwanda.
There's that island near India that is inhabited by some tribe that kills anyone that steps foot there. The racist tribe bastards! Still...send them there!

Are you talking about Birmingham last night if so I cant agree with you the guy was outside on his own ( I do take your point that the far right/protesters have inflamed/caused the situation but that does not excuse what happened outside that pub ) , fair play to the guy who knocked him out cause he then tried to stop about 25/30 others stamping on his head .

Also was good to see to some of the local Muslim community who then went to the pub and apologised for what had happened and where quoted saying they wanted no part in what had happened .

Hopefully things will get better soon .
If police now arrest the people who did this and the ones in the other video and bang them up would send a loud message

Violence will not be tolerated by anyone

someone was asking about this yesterday - looks like 4 white guys were about to set upon an Asian guy just as a gang came around the corner resulting reversion to Plan Z and running away - slowest guy got caught

Bloody hell they need jail time all them stamping on a guy's head as he lays in a a hole in the ground videoing and cheering it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.