UK far right trouble July/August 24

You should have said ‘some of my best friends are old people’.

I dare you to explain the social psychology that generates this comment.

This is a very interesting rhetorical device afterall. I have to assume its a reference to people who said wrong things in the past who have been known to use such phrases to excuse their behavior. But i dont see the broad social outcry that would really mark me as having said something so shocking and offensive to begin with by the broad judgement of society, nor that i even used it myself to begin with, other that you among a few seldom others use it as a means to stigmatise me WITHOUGHT having said the tings you thus attribute to me, among others by equating myself to such socially ostracized people. Right? That is the intention of the remark ? A more subtile ad hominem remark "that i am the kind of people who says wrong things and then excuses his behaviour with incorrect arguments"? However you were faaar to lazy to ever make the argument yourself in any reasonable fashion, so you just resort to such "jabs"?

I called a person on X "fairly representative" of a demographic i would feel he belongs too.

What this demographic is, is left to question in the more particular. The person who reacted and insulted me over this assumed that i meant the entire demographic of elder people, but this is a shorthand assumption since a demographic is not synonymous with an age group nessecarily. For example "single white male" is a demographic.
How can he be representative of a demographic when you’re not prepared to say or don’t know what the demographic is?

You’re having a bit of a nightmare for two days running spouting absolute bollocks and hiding behind the fact English isn’t your first language.

How can he be representative of a demographic when you’re not prepared to say or don’t know what the demographic is?

Because i can feel that a person belongs to a demographic i self describe, withought me having to express the limits of what defines that demographic.

Regardless how you put it, people are "strawmanning me" with this, had i said something that was objectionably provable as prejudiced people might have a case, but they dont have a case where they creativly twist it for the purpose of making a fuss aimed at ostracizing a person. I reckon that mroe so that i "would need to "answer" for clever reinterpretations of what i was discussing, that the person who reacted to me should answer for his usage of insults and the inpolite fashion in which he twists my words for the purpose of an attack on my person. And you, are you sure you are not reacting for having a perceived "axe to grind"?

Last edited:
Because i can feel that a person belongs to a demographic i self describe, withought me having to express the limits of what defines that demographic.

Regardless how you put it, people are "strawmanning me" with this, had i said something that was objectionably provable as prejudiced people might have a case, but they dont have a case where they creativly twist it for the purpose of making a fuss aimed at ostracizing a person. I reckon that mroe so that i "would need to "answer" for clever reinterpretations of what i was discussing, that the person who reacted to me should answer for his usage of insults and the inpolite fashion in which he twists my words for the purpose of an attack on my person. And you, are you sure you are not reacting for having a perceived "axe to grind"?
No idea what you’re on about. Please don’t explain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.