Ultras

over here in Germany every bigger club has an ultra group. They didn´t start as hooligans, they start in protest against what they call "modern football". They protested against too much seats, sponsor activities around matches and so on and claimed the stands as fan´s own territory.

Over the years a lot of them separated from other fan groups, feeling they are the "superior fans"
they refuse to buy merchandising products, producing shirts, caps and other things of their own, wearing them like an uniform, often not even in club colours.
they live an extreme rivalry with other ultras about who creates the best atmosphere. If you see a german club match, you might wonder, that the chants sometimes have nothing to do with the situation in the match. That is, when Ultras are too busy with celebrating themselves instead of watching the match.
Nowadays rivalry is getting worse, they start to steal opposite banners or march through their towns.

the clubs loved them in the beginning, because they produced quality atmosphere for the tv companys. Today clubs like FC Bayern or Hertha BSC have a lot of trouble with them.

As i said, they are not hooligans, but the way they are organized attracts a lot of young lads who are looking for trouble.

So i would say: Stay to your own fan culture! there is already too much looking the same all over Europe

davymcfc said:
so is there actually something being set up. and if so how far along is it. more info would be nice if possible cheers

ready to be launched after a series of meetings with the club, biding our time though waiting for the right game and permission from rick and other forum gods to allow us to publish on their sites. etc. ... definately watch this space and as said before it's an ultra-mentality group with regards to atmosphere but nothing like ultras with regards to religion, political bllx and all that violance rubbish.

dont see the point in trying to artificially manufacture 'atmosphere'. it will come naturally when the team performs week in week out, coms becomes a fortress and we start winning trophies.

I think the best thing about ultras is the amount of couler they bring to the stadium, the easiest, cheapest way to do this is by everybody in the south stand and singing section bringing a scarf to the match, if everyone did that it would look quliaty.
I will be bringing my scarf to the matches form now on, who ever else wants a more coulerfull stadium should also do this imo.

bluespana said:
warpig said:
dont see the point in trying to artificially manufacture 'atmosphere'. it will come naturally when the team performs week in week out, coms becomes a fortress and we start winning trophies.

That's the truth, Brother. If the house is a rockin', don't come a knocking...just walk right in.

Totally agree, like 100%.

Can we just do the bouncing thing though, even if we're not "Ultra's"? It looks top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.