Ultras

if there is a lot of people who are serious about making an atmosphere like these foreign places i would be happy to go along with it. i go week in and week out and i can barely speak the next day due to the fact i sing all game. i would love to see outragous spectacles at eastlands with the fans jumping up and down and flags, banners, scarves, ticker tape etc. but i think people like me are very much in the minority.

I'd be well up for a better atmosphere and making Coms an intimidating place for teams to play.

I wouldn't be up for being referred to as an 'Ultra' though as it attracts wannabe hooligans and to be frank, it sounds a little bit gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

i dont want to be known as an ultra. ultras remind me of italian pussies who stab innocent fans. i think the german fans have things like this very much sussed.

We just need to sort out where the mad heads sit and where the moaners sit. I never remember these problems at Maine Road, which may be down to me being too young to really notice but also down to the fact that you knew what you were getting at Maine Road. If you wanted to take your girlfriend you'd sit in the Maine Stand as it was fairly quiet and civil, if you went with a group of lads then, in my day, you'd go to the north stand for the singing and atmosphere.

KenTheLandlord said:
bluespana said:
Joan La Porta got rid of them at Barcelona for a reason. They are more interested at posing and acting hard than football.

LaPorta certainly hasn't got rid of them. They were fighting Espanyol at Montjuic last season and his actions were deplorable.

Boixos Nois used to have a section in the stadium but not anymore, then afterwards La Porta got death threats, so they won't be invited back soon.
Outside the stadium they can do what they like....but they are not officially recognized by the club.

Here you can see their great love of La Porta. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.boixosnois.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boixosnois.com/</a>

i dont know where you sit mate but i would say the only places for atmosphere at eastlands are on both sides of the away fans. i remember sitting in the north stand at some point for a cup game and i was gettign really funny looks for standing up and shouting. no disrepect to north standers as they are probably there to sit and watch the game with no fuss. i would probably say most fans have this attitude.

davymcfc said:
i dont know where you sit mate but i would say the only places for atmosphere at eastlands are on both sides of the away fans. i remember sitting in the north stand at some point for a cup game and i was gettign really funny looks for standing up and shouting. no disrepect to north standers as they are probably there to sit and watch the game with no fuss. i would probably say most fans have this attitude.

Being away for parts of the season I had to give up my season ticket and now just sit where ever I can get a ticket. I agree that either side of the away fans is the best atmosphere.

I was sat at the north stand end of the east stand Vs Wolves and had people shouting (not asking politely) for me to sit down as I stood to clap the team running onto the pitch. Later on in the game there were incidents of people screaming at others to sit down as City had a corner etc. Was quite pathetic to see people arrive with the attitude of 'I will moan no matter what'.

I sat in the north stand once last season, I was scared to eat a packet of crisp due to breaking the silence.

Horses for courses and all that and in all honesty I'm not a standing up for 90mins kinda fan but at the same time I like to be able to do a bit of singing and celebrate a goal or 2! It reaches a new low when the bloke 5 rows back stomach rumbling is the closest thing to an atmosphere.

TheMightyQuinn said:
davymcfc said:

Being away for parts of the season I had to give up my season ticket and now just sit where ever I can get a ticket. I agree that either side of the away fans is the best atmosphere.

I was sat at the north stand end of the east stand Vs Wolves and had people shouting (not asking politely) for me to sit down as I stood to clap the team running onto the pitch. Later on in the game there were incidents of people screaming at others to sit down as City had a corner etc. Was quite pathetic to see people arrive with the attitude of 'I will moan no matter what'.

I sat in the north stand once last season, I was scared to eat a packet of crisp due to breaking the silence.

Horses for courses and all that and in all honesty I'm not a standing up for 90mins kinda fan but at the same time I like to be able to do a bit of singing and celebrate a goal or 2! It reaches a new low when the bloke 5 rows back stomach rumbling is the closest thing to an atmosphere.
lmao. rather than making singing sections they should make sections where lazy, boring fans can sit and be quiet together. then if you are a normal fan like yourself you can never be made to feel uncomfortable about singing/ standing etc.

davymcfc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

lmao. rather than making singing sections they should make sections where lazy, boring fans can sit and be quiet together. then if you are a normal fan like yourself you can never be made to feel uncomfortable about singing/ standing etc.

Exactly!

I think I'm like most fans in that I don't want to taunt the away fans for 90mins at expense of watching the game but at the same time I don't want to be the only dick head clapping when it's time for 'if you hate Man Utd clap your hands', fuck me I actually dread 'stand up if you love City' sometimes!

There should be a section for OAPS, Kids, families etc. A section for mad bastards near the away fans then loads of space for fans like us who want a sing song and a bit of excitement from time to time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.