Unbelievable!

Abbeygoo said:
I always like the comment from rags when they say we sold our soul.

Their grasp on history is always absent when they come up with this shit so you only have to quickly question the knowledge of their own team's history and the fact they floated as a PLC, the Edwards family, the Knighton debacle, nearly being taken over by BSkyB and the Glazer family sucking them dry.

They really think that all the cash they have is generated from match day revenue only .......... unbelievable.

More or less word for word my reply , plus they took football club off their badge and stadium , he gave me stick for the naming rights , so i reminded him they nicked theirs off LCC.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If you look at certain adult age bands you will see from the teams they support who was doing rather better around the time they were kids in primary school.

lots of people mentioning s wales. this is true, my age was man u, my brothers age group all supported liverpool, mixed in with a few tottenham, arsenal, chelsea etc. not many southampton or coventry funnily enough. when there isn't a top flight team in your area, kids will follow one, and some of the deluded ones take that into adulthood.

all of this talk about how you should support your local team, fine thats true, but this logic does not appeal to a 7 year old. i bet if you ask most of the swansea lot on the swansea thread if they supported a second team when they were kids, it would be exactly the same. living in a city with 2 top flight teams you aren't really appreciating the phenomonen. i dont think most are really supporting man u because they are glory hunters, they made a connection when the were kids. if united lose some momentum, it will take 10 years for their support outside manchester to dwindle.

there is a good chance the kids from the small towns will start following us and the genuine world class players that will play for us

See the Cheltenham city supporters coach still goes to City always parked up every home game.They were going when i started going to Maine Rd in 76 always parked near The Denmark pub.Top supporters

Every club has fans from all over but the difference is those that chose the RAGS took the easy option. The majority are 27 ish and under and chose the glory path. It was no different with those who chose Liverpool in the 80's

citymad said:
Whats the problem ? We have a blues that support City from all over the country and other parts of the world.

We're talking quality of support as opposed to complete randoms and their once a decade match.

It's City against the world as I see it but the mutual loathing of you know who seems to help make friends, too. Was watching a Leeds Play Off Final with my Leeds mate and his Scouse girlfriend. He quipped we were collectively about as anti rag as possible.

robinhood CITY said:
See the Cheltenham city supporters coach still goes to City always parked up every home game.They were going when i started going to Maine Rd in 76 always parked near The Denmark pub.Top supporters

My uncle comes every week from Gloucester - quite a few blues down there. He was born and raised in Denton and moved there a few years back ... spreading the gospel down south.

can never understand why anyone would choose to support a club from another part of the country unless there's family or other obvious connections.
don't see how you can possibly feel the same way when your actually 'choosing' a team to follow

so you can only be a 'real' fan if you can actually go to the stadium and support given team. thats absolute bollocks in my opinion, and if you get to go once in your whole life then why not, that might be one of the best experiences of given persons life.

as a relative outsider i find some attitudes in this thread quite bewildering, and again maybe you just dont have a clue about the fact that most towns don't have top level sporting team, football or otherwise.

i would consider myself to be a cardiff blues fan / supporter, even though im from cardiff, ive never watched a live game. so what, i still want them to win over whoever their playing. in fact i don't buy any merchandise or directly contribute to the club in any way, but they are still my club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.