Underated City Players

Tony Coleman did a lot of grafting for the 69 team..........

Gerry Gow again a grafter who had Hoddle hiding in the 81 Cup Final..........

Agree with Alan Oakes as mentioned earlier............

Steve McKenzie his was the goal of the 81 final.......

Everybody mentions Bell, Lee, and Summerbee from the great team. All the rest were just as importent but underated, Alan Oakes, Glyn Pardoe, were cousins, Mike Doyle. Neil Young and all the others. The player who I think is the most underated player was George Heslop.

of the current squad, zabaleta is underated, as is dejong. I think Jo was never given a real chance, although I think he has himself to blame, his attitude at city stunk.

Been on the local village picnic (piss up) so not sober but very sentimental and logged on to hopefully find we have signed Lescott - the missing link in my book. Then could not stop.

Interesting to read the obviously older Blues and I cannot argue with many of the serious comments except Heslop who was not in the same class as the rest of that team. David Shawcross was my first post 1956 hero. But Joe Hayes has to be the tops in underated players.

How about Steve Lomas? - started poorly but improved and was never lacking in commitment.

johnny crossan said:
David Shawcross, could have rivalled Colin Bell as our finest post-war inside forward, until a goalkeeper's dive wrecked his leg.

Never missed a penalty though - even on one leg
I've just seen this rare picture of Dave on ebay

davidshawcross.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.