Unions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by idahoblues, 30 Jun 2020.

1. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

Team supported:
    You are Banned!... Reason - "rag".
    Soon as I read "people are cunts" I was trying to press the like button pal: )

gordondaviesmoustache likes this.
  2. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

I haven't read the thread so no doubt this has already been said, but unions have given us:
    • Paid annual leave;
    • Weekends;
    • Much improved pay;
    • Much improved conditions;
    • Reasonable working hours;
    • Sickness entitlement;
    • Holidays.
    And that's to name but a few of their achievements.

To complain about unions is a 1st World Problem and a symptom of us becoming spoit brats. Please take a minute to have a look at that list and imagine life without those things. As far as I can see, the only reason anyone could oppose what unions have achieved - and continue to achieve - is that they're a greedy and exploitative employer. If they're not in a position to reasonably provide the contents of the above list, then I would suggest that they're not doing a good job of running a credible business.

3. Rascal

Rascal

Team supported:
    RCD Espanyol
    Look into Heath's incomes policy whilst he was PM.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Rascal

Rascal

Team supported:
    RCD Espanyol
    Its not that Aussie wages are high, its that capitalists prefer to exploit workers from countries where wages are low.

All that a working class man has to sell is his labour, the more he gets for his labour the better, Marx talks about this using Surplus Value.

5. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Sadly what was an excellent wumming thread has degenerated into serious discussion. I did warn the op that this could happen, and urged him to change the title to white lives matter, or something about Israel but he didn't fucking listen and now look where we are.

Ban-jani, nimrod and Magicpole like this.
  6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

My ERO (currently Norf Landan and healthy eater) is appalled at my predilection for home-assembled dawgs. And I have recently elevated my art by paying attention to that Spanish chef they have at City who showed us how to make a Spanish omelette, and caramelised the unions - high heat and constant stirring, rather than the slow, sweating I used to employ!

I could be a shop steward in a hot dog factory, but I've got the wrong kind of frying pan!

7. snorky

snorky

Unions are ok for yoghurt knitting teachers or wimps that can't stand up for themselves I suppose.
    (There, back on track!)

8. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Team supported:
    just give me equality
    Mat would have posted in this thread in defence of the unions, especially the train ones but unfortunately he was working the 14.52 London to Birmingham train but instead he ended up in Crewe...…… All together now......

Oh Mr Porter what shall I do
    I want to go to Birmingham
    And they're taking me on to Crewe
    Send me back to London as quickly as you can
    Oh Mr Porter what a silly girl I am.

9. Mon Autre

Mon Autre

Interesting that a lot of the latest covid outbreaks seem to be linked to factories that stayed open when they shouldn't have done, where workers are saying they're being to forced to go in sick and where social distancing has been ignored. We're seeing it at meat plants in Germany and The States and similar stories coming factories in a Leicester. Perhaps if more of us were properly unionised and able to push back against unscrupulous bosses like this we'd have been a lot better prepared to deal with a crisis like this. Lots of people have spent too much time whinging about outdoor protests rather than talking about where the real problem is.

Magicpole and mikemcfc like this.
  10. goatinho

goatinho

no you wouldnt.
    the TOCS and FOCS want more for their money and would have people doing unsafe stuff to do it quicker and more cheaply.
    if a member of staff said no im not doing it as it not safe and had no union to back him up he would simply be sacked.
    the unions are there to make sure the railway is safe for its workers and customers.
    its a pretty simple fact really and i dont know why you cant get your head round it.