United (A) Post Match Thread

Defence has been sorted but it's caused an imbalance in the team, means we're not as threatening going forward now.
Obviously the trick is combining the two and we don't seem able to do that, apart from against poor sides.
The fear factor is long gone & Utd have struggled with that since Ferguson stepped down, sides fear Liverpool and that fear causes games to be won even before a ball is kicked.
A lot of work is needed & yep, god forbid, we need to spend even more money on new recruits in midfield and upfront. We'll come good again but i think we're some way off being the side we were, we're a very stop/start side at the moment and in no way as fluid as we were, we don't overwhelm sides like before and sides now think they have a chance against us & they usually do.

Anyone think this new pragmatic way of playing from pep might be with one eye on the champions league late stages ?
In peps time here mostly we’ve played amazing attacking football, and been knocked out in Europe each time , mostly on away goals (Spurs,Monaco) or conceding too many (Liverpool) or the unexplainable loss to Lyon last season .
This new pragmatic way of playing isn’t very exciting in big games , but I actually think it would suit us well in Europe.
Not conceding then nicking an away goal .
We definitely need to improve going forward but good to see us solid defensively .
As for the game itself , the quicker it’s forgotten about the better .
Quick mention for stones aswell , he was brilliant , I’ll be honest I’d wrote him off .
It’s great to see him playing for us again and hope it continues and he has a future at he club .
Could well be right - I think he said himself in one of the pre-match pressers that we could do well this year, or words to that effect. I can't remember him saying anything like that before. You've got to think he's really conscious of the criticism about his record in the CL since Barca. Could well be playing the medium (term) game. And there were loads getting on his back about a lack of pragmatism when we conceded crap goals last year.

I’ve just seen Roy the dog wanker saying wtf‘s going on when opposition players are hugging each other after the game, I can’t stand the twat but he’s right, it’s a derby!!

Bring back Mike Doyle.
But then you have Summerbee and Best being great friends! John Stones and Maguire gave each other a big hug and I thought that was fine to see two England players doing that. We don't want the cliques back in the England dressing room that were there a couple of years ago.

There is also the issue that United have not been our rival in the League for a few years. I think Roy Keane pointed this out when he was saying that particularly United should be more aggressive.

Ol I think it was called to examine the offside...

Said in a never post it was a soft penalty but thats modern football for you as well.....they are all at it....
I have a hazy recollection back to the olden days when we used to go to watch it used to flash up on the screen why the incident was being reviewed. It seemed that even the commentators were guessing at first.
I will have another look at Rashford Oscars performance soon but if City players start doing what he did l think l won't be renewing my season ticket.

Anyone think this new pragmatic way of playing from pep might be with one eye on the champions league late stages ?
In peps time here mostly we’ve played amazing attacking football, and been knocked out in Europe each time , mostly on away goals (Spurs,Monaco) or conceding too many (Liverpool) or the unexplainable loss to Lyon last season .
This new pragmatic way of playing isn’t very exciting in big games , but I actually think it would suit us well in Europe.
Not conceding then nicking an away goal .
We definitely need to improve going forward but good to see us solid defensively .
As for the game itself , the quicker it’s forgotten about the better .
Quick mention for stones aswell , he was brilliant , I’ll be honest I’d wrote him off .
It’s great to see him playing for us again and hope it continues and he has a future at he club .
I think that you are spot on. He has realised that the way we have been getting caught on the break is going to cost us, especially in Europe.

I don't understand why we have become so negative unless it was being caught on the counter in the Leicester and Spurs games.

At some stage yesterday we needed to change the shape by removing one of the central midfielders and replacing them with Foden.

When Gundo is in there at least we have someone who can see a pass. Very frustrating, I can only hope that Pep is managing his players expecting a very strong second half to the season with them all fit as can be. Let's hope we are still in touch by then

If we are within 5 points at the turn of the year then we could still win the league

Our midfield is shite at the moment
Rodri is a waste of space- not good enough against good teams, too slow and offers nothing
Gundogan is same
Ferna is the only one who goes forward and does it quick, but he is 35!
Add to that we have a non existent left side with two right footed players.
mahrez is awful in any game not against bottom teams and keeps being picked
It’s not hard for the opposition really. Just try to stop kdb and sterling and the rest will just pass sideways for 90 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.