United (A) Post Match Thread

But was it called in to examine that?
My initial concern was that St Marcus so loved by some is just a common or garden rag cheat with his scream and rolling on the ground.

It could have killed him as another rag cheat once said
I think it was called to examine the offside...

Said in a never post it was a soft penalty but thats modern football for you as well.....they are all at it....

Very disappointing overall. How can a derby be a boring game? The good news is that our defence looked totally solid but on the other hand we didn’t create any chances. How can you not play Foden in a derby????
We created two very good chances that we should have buried.

What would Aguero have done tonight ? We created virtually nothing.
We chose (rightly or wrongly) to play a safe cautious game, if we had a fit Aguero upfront we would have the confidence to risk more attacks because the risk reward ratio would have been more in our favour, ie. we would have more likely scored.

Theres the line in the all or nothing of Pep telling the players to play with courage.
Today went against that message whether the end result was good or not.
Either he’s lost it or the players have.
That is my main concern with how the team played. It goes completely against Peps philosophy of imposing your style and being courageous on the ball. To me it suggests Pep does not have confidence in the personnel to play how he would actually want them to play, so he plays a more conservative style, but not by choice.

Don't take this the wrong way, mate, but I cannot conceive of the idea that any club - even Real Madrid - would part with that sort of money for Sterling.

If they did, he'd be utterly ruined after 4 months. Their fans are awful and would despair of the poor control, erratic finishing, and falling down when a defender enters his personal space.
His stock and reputation is far higher with those who don’t have to watch his poor technique, his poor decision making and his poor mental strength week in week out

90% is way too much but there does seem to be a lack of unity and we’re missing a leader. I think having Sergio, Laporte and Phil playing regularly will help bring the team together. Personally I think we haven’t looked the same since Merlin left. I also think getting Vinny back in some kind’ve coaching role might be a big help in building a winning mentality again.

Do you see the chance of Phil playing regularly if he couldn't get on the pitch today instead of Sterling ?

years ago I would of prayed for a point at the swamp but tonight feels like a defeat, they were there for the taking but gave them too much respect. I’m loving our defensive side but going forward is terrible.

His stock and reputation is far higher with those who don’t have to watch his poor technique, his poor decision making and his poor mental strength week in week out

Not sure why that should be. We can see week and week out that he is fucking poor in so many areas .

And we never get to see if playing on the right might actually help .

We chose (rightly or wrongly) to play a safe cautious game, if we had a fit Aguero upfront we would have the confidence to risk more attacks because the risk reward ratio would have been more in our favour, ie. we would have more likely scored.
A couple of times we broke on the right or left and nobody was in the middle.. Jesus was pissing about 20 yards further back, so we had to go back and the chance was gone

Sergio would have been where Jesus should have been

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.