United (A) Post Match Thread

Very disappointing overall. How can a derby be a boring game? The good news is that our defence looked totally solid but on the other hand we didn’t create any chances. How can you not play Foden in a derby????
I guess we have to trust Peps judgement and think there’s something going on here. Not to even give him minutes in a derby with the form he’s been in shows that all is not well behind the scenes. If I was Phil I’d be fuming at missing out on a derby.

He is "playing regularly" he's played once a week now for 3 months, he'll play midweek, as he keeps doing.
Correct he has been playing in the Champions league. People are making out like it's equivalent of playing in the Waffa Cup as a opposed to the Premier league

I was thinking more like 30 mins if not more to get enough time to find a rythum and create more than one or two chances. I’m convinced we would’ve found away with Phil. Not to play him, an extremely talented local lad, in a derby was a very poor decision from Pep. Can’t think of a reason why he didn’t.
I kind of agree but we weren’t looking like loosing that game and we were still creating chances. Phil takes chances and risks and is also young and a blue, so perhaps he thought emotionally Phil might let the occasion cloud his judgement and expose us. I think Phil would have come on had we been losing and chasing the game. I get Peps stance.. I think Phil should either start or comes on if we are chasing the game.

Poor mental strength?

He was racially abused and attacked the morning of a game for us once and scored a brace. That's just one example.

Call him out for his performances, whatever. But questioning the lads mental strength is just fucking daft.
I only question his mental strength on the pitch

How many times has he put in a top performance against quality opposition in a big game?

why does he shit himself every time he has to face Wan Bissaka or Liverpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.