United (A) | Post Match Thread

How that is a goal is unbelievable. Was it me but when foden knew his number was up he started limping, a very strange performance from him. Grealish looked a 100m player in comparison

Wan-Bissaka took the absolute piss out of us today. Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Not some younger brother, new kid on the block kind of shit. Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

People talk about refereeing decisions but unless he was giving him a fucking piggyback then it doesn't excuse how fucking shite we were.

Yeh Cancelo was much better today. Some nice darting runs. One or two really sloppy passes as well mind, but Kev, Riyad, Bernie were all equally culpable in that regard. I don’t know if additional pace is the answer (although as always, I lament the dearth of it in our squad), but we’ve got to try and find some route to goal that doesn’t involve going backwards and sideways for the whole of the remainder of the season.

Some of the lack of precision in our passing is frustrating.

Pace has its place but technique and football intelligence remain paramount.

It's a big problem having to deal with so much bus parking and the efforts teams are putting in to deny us space etc. United brought in Fred today to man mark Kev.

I think we have to be quicker to cross the ball, high and low. Haaland needs balls to go and attack.

A genuine left back (i.e. left footed) who can cross the ball from deeper positions as well as the by-line would help. I do think we use inverted wide players a bit too much.

We could try setting up to sit back and play on the break but I'm not more a fan of that approach to the game than Pep is.

Our best weapon remains scoring the first goal early in a game.

It's tough, we are the living embodiment of victims of our own success,

I'd make some radical changes of personnel for next year and spend every last penny we legitmately can getting even more quality into the squad, but that won't happen. I mean three to five signings would do that job.

Back to basics for me... I think we should drop Haaland for a few, go back to false 9.
I’d go the opposite mate, I’d tweak the style of our play to be less about possession and control and be about getting into positions where we are getting 6-10 crosses between the 6 yard box and penalty spot every game. We need to take advantage of what we’ve got.

If we give Haaland one half chance per game even he will probably not score.

The above doesn’t require a change of personnel, just a change of tactics and mindset from Pep. We are needing to have a little reinvention and make the best of what we have.

Hopefully the anger from the injustice of today will put a fire in the stomachs of everyone at the club and we see a good reaction in the coming matches.

We were always pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch and quickly once opposition had the ball, it seems to have dropped off substantially. May feel like the end of the world but seen a lot worse.
Keep the faith .

Okay let’s say we did, it’s 1-1. Now what’s the mentality, angry, that the goal was given against you? If so you go again and win the game. Lack of mentality, you feel sorry for yourself and lose the game. Game management you play for the draw. Not withstanding the decision you have the mentality to play the game out. No leaders and mentality cost us this game.
I take your point but they're human and when you're blatantly cheated by an official who is either incompetent, corrupt or both it will affect you.
Most people would lose focus when put in a situation like that knowing you've basically been royally shafted.

Wan-Bissaka took the absolute piss out of us today. Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Not some younger brother, new kid on the block kind of shit. Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

People talk about refereeing decisions but unless he was giving him a fucking piggyback then it doesn't excuse how fucking shite we were.
5 attempts and one on target against a side with him, Shaw at CB and Fred in midfield is unbelievably shit

Some of the lack of precision in our passing is frustrating.

Pace has its place but technique and football intelligence remain paramount.

It's a big problem having to deal with so much bus parking and the efforts teams are putting in to deny us space etc. United brought in Fred today to man mark Kev.

I think we have to be quicker to cross the ball, high and low. Haaland needs balls to go and attack.

A genuine left back (i.e. left footed) who can cross the ball from deeper positions as well as the by-line would help. I do think we use inverted wide players a bit too much.

We could try setting up to sit back and play on the break but I'm not more a fan of that approach to the game than Pep is.

Our best weapon remains scoring the first goal early in a game.

It's tough, we are the living embodiment of victims of our own success,

I'd make some radical changes of personnel for next year and spend every last penny we legitmately can getting even more quality into the squad, but that won't happen. I mean three to five signings would do that job.
I disagree, think pace and power will dominate going forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.