Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed
Lewis Akanji Laporte Ake
KdB Rodri Gundo
Mahrez Haaland Bernardo
Jack as sub.

Dalot is out. So AWS will play.

Put form aside. My ideal set up with be Bernado Grealish on the left and KDB Foden on the right, like what we did in last Derby.

AWS is very good at stopping wingers pass outside him. But he has a weakness on his weak foot. Grealish likes to go inside (sometimes annoying) but it just hits AWS weak spot. On the other flank, Foden is the idea one to attack Shaw, an agile winger who can cut inside and run behind. Shaw sometimes does not have enough position awareness.

However Mahrez is very on form recently. It is hard to drop him.

The game will be a tough one and it will not be decided within 1st half like last derby. The sub will play a big role. No matter who start on the wing, the others will come as subs(hopefully!). It is really down to the question who can do the super sub role? If needed? TBH idk...
Would prefer to have Foden and Cancelo on one side and KDB drifting out wide operating down the right with Mahrez. Natural width from Foden and KDB and Mahrez and Cancelo ability to cut in.

Ederson

Walker Akanji Ake Cancelo

KDB Rodri Bernardo

Mahrez Haaland Foden

My choice would be:

Ederson

KDB Rodri Bernardo

Foden Haaland Grealish

That was pretty much the team that battered them last time out (only difference was Gundogan played instead of Rodri if I remember correctly). I'm not sure that we have stated that front 3 together since which is a bit strange.

Doubt it will be Guardiola's choice though!

Woke up this morning with a positive attitude and faith in Cancelo at LB

If Laporte could play left centre half then I’d also be happy with Ake at CB
It’s a real shame we don’t have Stones or Dias available.
I’ve shoe horned my favourite front 6 into the team, I think it has plenty running in it, tenacity, guile and ability to finish. With Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden and KDB on pitch and a fired up hungry Haaland involved in the press what’s not to love.
I think Mahrez has been in good form but doesn’t have the ability to press as aggressively as Alvarez, a weapon from the bench perhaps.
Come on City!!

9B51B553-EB24-44BD-ABFD-97376FE659B7.jpeg

My choice would be:

Ederson

KDB Rodri Bernardo

Foden Haaland Grealish

That was pretty much the team that battered them last time out (only difference was Gundogan played instead of Rodri if I remember correctly). I'm not sure that we have stated that front 3 together since which is a bit strange.

Doubt it will be Guardiola's choice though!
Mahrez has to start imo

Woke up this morning with a positive attitude and faith in Cancelo at LB

If Laporte could play left centre half then I’d also be happy with Ake at CB
It’s a real shame we don’t have Stones or Dias available.
I’ve shoe horned my favourite front 6 into the team, I think it’s has plenty running in it, tenacity, guile and ability to finish. With Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden and KDB on pitch and a fired up hungry Haaland involved in the press what’s not to love.
I think Mahrez has been in good form but doesn’t have the ability to press as aggressively as Alvarez, a weapon from the bench perhaps.
Come on City!!

View attachment 65965
With the exception of Cancelo at left back, that would be my preferred team, (Phil and Alvarez swapped over).
I’m almost certain Pep will go with Ake though for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.