United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the form Sterling, Silva and Fernandinho are in, ably supported by KDB, Nolito, I don't think we need to worry about creating chances.
The way Sterling has been scaring defences this season, I can see him either scoring or being brought down in the box.
Our passing, movement and closing down will cause UTD some serious problems, our defensive frailties will equally be a source of problems for us, the battle for midfield could be where the game is won or lost
Unfortunately being brought down in the box gets you fuck all there

Stick with the 4-3-3, Bravo to have his debut. Play Iheanacho up front with Sterling and Nolito either side of him and have Silva and De Bruyne pulling the strings from midfield.

Predicting a heated derby, lots of cards. Us to win 3-2 with Sterling, Iheanacho and De Bruyne to score.

Well if we close down and stop all crosses height isn't an issue! Thats why Pep was annoyed after west ham scored because he new that was there main threat zab didn't do his job and stop the cross.
As improved as Zab has looked, he is still suspect defensively. The Masuaku kid turned him every which way on that play :(

Surely KDB cannot be left out, even if Silva and Sterling have stood out so far. Even for his set piece delivery, he has to be there. I know everyone is saying it, but a false 9 who can better play with the ball at his feet seems a better option if Pep is set on starting Gundogan (which of course we don't know).
Gundogan wouldn't start. Off the bench for this one.

Bravo
Zabaleta Stones Otamendi Clichy
Fernandhino Gundogan
Silva Sterling De Bruyne
Nolito
If Gundogan starts it Means Kelechi or Nolito gets benched. I reckon DeBryune moves to RW Gundogan to Silva'sand Silva to DeBryuneold spot
Sterling goes Left and Kelechi starts or Sterling goes top an Nolito starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.