United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Still pissed off today,we are at wemberly which is brilliant

However,hanging on at the end to the worst rag side and manager in decades,their last freekick could have gone in

Taking both kev and sergio off when one goal and we would have gone to pens

Biazzare set up and subs

No passion,it was a derby ffs

Not putting the tie to bed in the first leg

I've been reading an article arguing that OGS tactics tested Pep and this seems typical of today's coverage. Can anyone tell me what these tactics were? And what merit did they have? Those most resistant to this press approach appear to be rag fans having to face up to the fact that City are in the final and United are out. OGS has been praised for the tactical genius of "staying in the game", but the most obvious fault in these imaginative tactics is that "staying in the game" means "not staying in the tie" since United began the night two goals adrift. Beyond this fact the gulf in class between the two teams screamed all night at those watching and we are expected to believe that not having a kick for the first half hour, then allowing your defence to be carved open but relying on a mixture of rank bad finishing by the highest scoring team in Europe and blind luck were engineered by OGS. It must have been bad luck rather than these tactics which resulted in so few shots at goal that United simply could not have gon through. Clinical indeed!

I've been reading an article arguing that OGS tactics tested Pep and this seems typical of today's coverage. Can anyone tell me what these tactics were? And what merit did they have? Those most resistant to this press approach appear to be rag fans having to face up to the fact that City are in the final and United are out. OGS has been praised for the tactical genius of "staying in the game", but the most obvious fault in these imaginative tactics is that "staying in the game" means "not staying in the tie" since United began the night two goals adrift. Beyond this fact the gulf in class between the two teams screamed all night at those watching and we are expected to believe that not having a kick for the first half hour, then allowing your defence to be carved open but relying on a mixture of rank bad finishing by the highest scoring team in Europe and blind luck were engineered by OGS. It must have been bad luck rather than these tactics which resulted in so few shots at goal that United simply could not have gon through. Clinical indeed!

Keep saying it but how is lining up with 5 at the back and having two attempts on goal the home game genius in a game they needed two goals to get back in? They didn’t have the resources to go toe to toe and the game was finished when Matic got sent off. What was the point in City pouring forward and give United what they wanted which would be giving them space to have a go at our back four. They were woeful, some of the suicide balls out of defence that went straight to our players which piled on even more pressure in the first half. If they call that progress then give him a ten year contract, we can all drink to that.

However,hanging on at the end to the worst rag side and manager in decades,their last freekick could have gone in

Biazzare set up and subs

Cheer up, Karen! We were NOT hanging on! Messrs Tyler and Neville were doing their best to convince us that disaster was going to hit us any second but it didn't and it never looked as though it would. That last free kick certainly raised levels of tension and stress among City fans who thought it would inevitably fly into the top corner - until it flew into the wall. It had been a stupid free kick to concede but the chances of a goal resulting ar, apparently, about 10-1 against! We're going to Wembley! AGAIN!

Biazzare set up and subs

Feel the same tbf. Pissed off to lose two home derbies to that shite.

Rags have £80m players here, £90m players there and £60m players, and have 2 shots on target against us with a problematic defence. Surely any reasonable journalist would say that is pathetic ?

Understand the disappointment of not winning a game in which we were so dominant but a few City fans went a little bit further and claimed that we played a poor game or that Pep was somehow at fault. Watch the highlights on city's site. There's some very good football with two marginal offside goals that were indeed offside but quite close and a penalty shout for Maguire on Sterling which the commentator says isn't a pen and yet Maguire seems to go into the back of Sterling's legs?

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2020/january/city-v-man-utd-carabao-cup-highlights

I think Utd had one header from Maguire in the 2nd half which isn't shown but overall it was a game City dominated.

The bad misses were Silva's decision to pass to Gundogan and Sterling when he blazed over but De Gea made some very good saves.

How we didn’t score last night is beyond me. So wasteful and we’ll get mugged in the champions league for sure if we don’t address it. Sterling desperately needs to find some form. The failure to score just added to the anxiety but I felt we largely controlled the game which is what Pep ultimately wanted.

But tyler and ratboy insisted that noddy's tactics had them right where they wanted to be whilst holding up that they had zero attempts on goal,the twats did score then but still

Understand the disappointment of not winning a game in which we were so dominant but a few City fans went a little bit further and claimed that we played a poor game or that Pep was somehow at fault. Watch the highlights on city's site. There's some very good football with two marginal offside goals that were indeed offside but quite close and a penalty shout for Maguire on Sterling which the commentator says isn't a pen and yet Maguire seems to go into the back of Sterling's legs?

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2020/january/city-v-man-utd-carabao-cup-highlights

I think Utd had one header from Maguire in the 2nd half which isn't shown but overall it was a game City dominated.

The bad misses were Silva's decision to pass to Gundogan and Sterling when he blazed over but De Gea made some very good saves.
You want to look at a neutral site,it's going to be heavily weighted on our good bits by our site

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.