United (H) Post Match Thread

Funny but I think 99% of fans of every club in this country know that Man United's most deadly tactic is the soft penalty. Fact.

The main reason I think so many of us are pissed off with pep is that we have been here before. last season with Lyon and at the start of this campaign. He found a solution and once individual players came back he broke up the rhythm. He choose individual talent above the team today IMO. The run was coming to an end and we have started to struggle again. Play the false 9, start Bernie and Foden drop Kev and put Gundo back into the 8. Madness pep absolute madness to change a winning formula injuries permitting. Humble pie needed and get the strongest team out each week. We could see a collapse this season.
I don't know whether you have any experience of coaching a top level team. If you have, you'll know who is and who isn't training well. May you should offer Pep your expertise. Would you have the bottle to tell Pep you know where you think he's getting it wrong ?

I think his injury in 15/16 stole quite a lot of pace from him. The Wolfsburg and first season at City KDB could breeze past people and lead a counter attack, and he's just not that player these days.
I think Kev is a brilliant player but Bernardo is much better at winning the ball back and he can also spray a pass when required. Kev was fantastic as a number 10 but we don't play that system any more. What we need at the moment is more energy and that means using Bernardo and Foden. Kev has to adapt his game. I think he can play on the right of a front three or even as a defensive pivot. We need relentless energy in centre midfield.

This was a reminder to some fools who think that the best sides are made on paper. If you don't turn up on the day, or stuff goes against you you can lose.

Lyon was down to Pep trying to cover for a weakened defence. Today was not down to Pep. It's just the type of game where events can take it beyond you
I don’t agree re Pep. Collectively we are stronger with Bernardo and Foden. They carry the water, they run and close space. Rodders and Gundo have looked exceptional this season with runners surrounding them in the midfield and covering on the counter. We all knew that once Rodri got caught today the scum would be in on goal and it happened time and time again.

Pep should of played walker, foden and Bernie to nullify uniteds only threat. They pounced on mistake after mistake in midfield and should of scored more. He left it far too long to change the inevitable. It’s on him today, not the players.

Hope we get them in the FA Cup (if we both get through) to give us a chance to right this wrong.

Me too. And knowing Pep we would win it.. and he will say it doesn’t matter that’s it’s utd it matters because we make a good step forward to win another trophy.. can almost see the post match interview now. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.