United (H) Post Match Thread

The main reason I think so many of us are pissed off with pep is that we have been here before. last season with Lyon and at the start of this campaign. He found a solution and once individual players came back he broke up the rhythm. He choose individual talent above the team today IMO. The run was coming to an end and we have started to struggle again. Play the false 9, start Bernie and Foden drop Kev and put Gundo back into the 8. Madness pep absolute madness to change a winning formula injuries permitting. Humble pie needed and get the strongest team out each week. We could see a collapse this season.
This was a reminder to some fools who think that the best sides are made on paper. If you don't turn up on the day, or stuff goes against you you can lose.

Lyon was down to Pep trying to cover for a weakened defence. Today was not down to Pep. It's just the type of game where events can take it beyond you

PLEASE, PACK IT IN WITH THE MUNICH REFERENCES. I'VE JUST SPENT A FEW MINUTES DELETING SEVERAL POSTS AND HANDING OUT WARNINGS. IF THEY KEEP COMING, THREAD OR FORUM BANS WILL BE HANDED OUT. THANK YOU.
You mean the 4-2 home win last night? Didn't think it was that offensive...except to Dortmund fans
so you would rather beat these than win the league, oh dear
Mate, when you're 14 points ahead of them and at home then it's not unreasonable to expect to beat them...and get both

I think his injury in 15/16 stole quite a lot of pace from him. The Wolfsburg and first season at City KDB could breeze past people and lead a counter attack, and he's just not that player these days.
I said that 6 months ago.

Disappointed? Yes
Surprised? No
They did not even need to play well to beat us today, overall it was a pathetic performance right across the team. In the long run if used in the right way it may help us sharpen our minds when the big Champs League knockout games come around and also remind us that In the summer window we still need improvements in the final 3rd. KDB should be like the rest of the squad be picked solely on form in the big games and if his performances continue like today and West Ham then he should be on the bench until his form and performance levels return as Bernado & Gundagon are currently the go to guys.
We have been incredible for over 20 games now and Southampton offers us the perfect opportunity to bounce back and I hope Phil and Bernado are the 1st two names on the team sheet. Win Wednesday and we should only need another 4 wins to reclaim our title.

What sort of fans lay into our genius coach who gives us an unbelievable win ratio and trophies while playing the greatest football the Prem has ever seen, because of one loss ?
Wow. If you think that that was laying into the coach then you haven't been at a game at Maine Road in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I have an opinion which I am entitled to share just like any other fan. One loss against our neighbours that could possibly have been avoided, of course we'll never know. But if you @HarrytheBlue don't want to be ever have a different opinion to anyone else, I suggest that you might want to give Bluemoon Forum a swerve. You see sunshine, on here we all like to have an opinion, wherever you have no credentials or perhaps a UEFA A or B licence, we like to share our opinions and that's all it is, an opinion. You can like it or lump it, but don't try and assess what kind of fan someone is because of an opinion. CTID

How can he get the selection so fucking wrong!

Walker should have started if nothing else. Cancelo was utterly shite against that wing.

Rodri reverted to being shite because the tempo was fast.
KDB is so off the pace it’s worrying. This wasn’t the game to give him a start in.
As for Jesus, today was it for me. I like him but he’s a back up. Nothing more.
Sterling should be fucking embarrassed about his record too and Pep should know not to play him in a derby.

In the grand scheme of things it won’t affect the title race, but enough there to humble talk of champs league.

Mor of that is true. Rodri was decent though, kept to the game plan. Kept it ticking over and most of our best periods In the game were when he was seeing a lot of the ball.

Kev was the complete opposite and kept fucking up any rhythm Rodri gained by rushing the play and giving the ball away with pretty much every pass he made.. not even the ambitious ones.. he couldn’t even execute the simple ones.. everything was rushed and totally at odds with everything we have been doing this past 70 odd days.

Piss poor from Pep today, feared the worst as soon as the teams were announced. Bernardo, Foden and Walker had to start for Mahrez, Sterling and Zinchenko.

Playing without a striker for the last half an hour 2 down at home is criminal when Aguero is sat on the bench, actually felt sorry for him watching Sterling fluff chance after chance. Playing a guy with such a terrible derby record is truly baffling. No respect shown for the game today, piss poor management from Pep.
Zinchenko? Left back. Who were you putting there? Cancelo? He’d a stinker. Zinchenko one of the better players out there today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.