United (H) Post Match Thread

We really missed Walker defensively as well as bernardo and foden. We all make mistakes and as good as pep is he isn’t perfect and yesterday has hopefully given him a lot to learn from. Let’s hope we can grind out 3 points on Wednesday

Easy to say Pep fucked up but I doubt he thought our CF would have given away a penalty after 30 seconds, straight away that completely changes the game.
True enough, but there is already a tactical oversight. Our throw-ins are shite, always into midfield, so for the second weekend running, a striker has come deep and lost it under pressure and we have been punished.

We gave away the goal last week and yesterday because players are caught the wrong side of the ball.

Put a stopwatch on Walker, Cancelo or Zin when they have to take a throw in, it is painful to watch the options.

We lost a lot when Dave left, and him being able to receive the ball in tight spaces from a throw in was one aspect.

Bernie is the only one who can do similar.

Show me your post in the pre-match game where you said KDB shouldnt play in this game and your post might carry a tad more weight
I don't live on this forum and Im not compelled to express every misgiving I have every match. Pep has expressed his misgivings after matches despite us being on the winning run.
I don't give a shite whether you feel my post needs a little more weight, I've expressed my disappointment and that's it .

Still gutted this morning that our winning run is over, especially as we didn't play as well as we all know we can and because it's the scum.

Not a nice feeling to wake up with this Monday morning, in saying that though only 2 days until we play Southampton and hopefully can bounce back in style, like we have done previously when we have had a disappointing result in the previous game.

The league has always been a marathon and never a sprint. Still 11 clear and +37 on GD with 10 games to go.

As I said yesterday was rubbish and hurts but we dust ourselves down and go again.

Have a drink mate and relax win Wednesday there will be equilibrium and balance to the footballing force that is City. Manure and the rest are bound to lose again.

I saw the manure team and realised that it would have been their intention to run at us and fall in our penalty area as often as possible. They do this every game not sure why Pep expected anything else. It took them a min to win a penalty
You could tell Pep had briefed the team on this vs Liverpool. Should have remembered to do so yesterday as wel.
It’s like fighting a dog - really only one weapon to worry about. Remember how to deal with that and you’re in pretty good shape.

Neither were penalties, nowhere near.

The first one was laughable, Sterling overran the ball as usual and fell over his own feet.

We created half chances, all shots from either distance or scuffed.

If you break it down, only Zinchenko's drive from the edge of the area and Rodri's off the top of the bar gave Henderson much to even worry about.
fine margins i guess, if either of those two chances go in we potentially have a different game, i'm not denying they deserved it, but as you allude to KDB is the problem and the system employed played into thier hands
kev by his very nature tries passes noone else does and when they dont come off we get countered.
their team line up would of alarmed me straight away it was obvious counter was the plan
and a gabby brain fart didnt help

Win our next 2 games and that puts us 17 clear before United kick a ball. That mentaly should destroy them.
Leicester are our main threat.
They keep plodding along quietly picking up wins.
They seem to be building up a head of steam at the right time.
I think that we will win the league but the gap to second could well be around 6 points.

No team in history has been great every game, yesterday we had an off day. Our passing was not as crisp as normal, some players were below par and as much as we might think those cunts are shite, they are not shite and they deserved the win. Of course the early penalty helped and then their game plan was perfect as they could sit in. They defended superbly as well.

I am always loathe to give any credit to those cunts, but they got an early break with the Pen and it played perfectly into their game plan. I think we all knew they couldnt match us football wise, but they could sit deep, pack their defence and use their pace on the counter. Which they did and to be fair they did very well. In the end we were lucky to get with 0-2 as they grew in confidence as the game went on and missed some good chances later in the game as we chased it.

You can attribute blame if that is want you to do to any number of people, but the fact remains we win as a team and lose as a team and occasionally we lose. Of course it hurts to lose against those cunts but it's not the end of the world, now we have to start again and make sure we end this season with the rewards we deserve for the whole season, not just one errant game where we were not at our best. If we win the league the result yesterday will not matter one bit as our name will be trophy and a loss to them will not alter that.

We do need to bounce back though, we have a game on Wednesday where we can bounce back and get rid of the frustrations of yesterday. The players will want it, they are professionals, they take pride in their work as was shown by our amazing run of victories. It is how we respond that will define us not yesterday, yesterday was a Derby, they don't always go the way expected and whilst we should not dismiss the defeat, we have to make sure its not the start of a collapse. I am sure we will not collapse we are too good for that, we have too much to play for and the players are hungry for success.

In the meantime let the cunts enjoy there parade with the we beat City trophy and I am sure the streets of Stretford will have at least four people in attendance cheering the open top bus.
You should leave the politics crap and post about the football more;)

fine margins i guess, if either of those two chances go in we potentially have a different game, i'm not denying they deserved it, but as you allude to KDB is the problem and the system employed played into thier hands
kev by his very nature tries passes noone else does and when they dont come off we get countered.
their team line up would of alarmed me straight away it was obvious counter was the plan
and a gabby brain fart didnt help
It wasn't all Gabbys fault.
Martial was looking for any excuse to go down so he ran towards the most crowded part of the 18yd box where he knew that there would be some kind of contact and went down. Soft pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.