United (H) Post Match Thread

Yes but we don’t know what’s been said to players, who’s trained well, whatever. Let me be clear: I wouldn’t have picked that team. But Pep might not have wanted to leave Sterling out because he’s promised him he will play in the big games. He might have concerns about KDB being unhappy, he might have thought he trained well, he might have even thought we’d smash them with Kev still getting up to speed.I honestly don’t know. What I do know is that Pep knows better than you and me and sees the big picture. This was just another league game where everything that can go wrong did, and we were still the better team. Let’s see where we are at the end of the season.
We really weren’t the better team. They could and should have had 3 or 4. Their keeper had nothing to bother him. They executed their game plan perfectly; Kev had a shocker ; we were toothless up front and lacked any sense of intensity. We were 2nd best.

The run was fantastic and we had everything going our way, playing great stuff.

My point is broader and goes back 3 or 4 years. We never seem to recover from a setback in game. We never seem to win big big games.

If we had to play Bayern in a two legged match I'd fear we would get obliterated, for example
Oh yeah I said the same yesterday.

Apologies for not seeing the bigger picture. Yeah the dreaded tinkering/outthinking himself Pep factor does rear it's head.

Hard to see an answer.

Calmed down a bit now, any defeat against those wankers hurts but if we had to lose then I would chose a league game over a Cup Semifinal and Pep always beats those cretins when theres a final up for grabs

I don’t agree with Walker being our best RB, I think he has a brain fart or two in his locker. His pace gets him out of trouble. I think he gets caught in two minds too often and doesn’t offer what cancelo does in midfield in terms of possession and positional play, Cancelo for whatever reason stayed too rigid at right back too often and it allowed too much space in midfield for United. The whole team for 60 70 mins looked rigid and played in straight lines up and down the pitch. Gave away possession cheaply and missed good chances. But most importantly left far far too much spaces for United too attack. We weren’t patient enough with the ball and too far apart and too wide.

Walker had been mentioned a lot in the last 24 hours but he played against United last season when they could have been 5-0 up after 20 mins. The problem yesterday was going behind after a minute. Absolutely perfect for them and the way they play. Same at Spurs away. Going behind against a defensive team is hard.

The goal was the fault of whoever took the throw in and then Jesus. Mostly the latter.

I don’t agree with Walker being our best RB, I think he has a brain fart or two in his locker. His pace gets him out of trouble. I think he gets caught in two minds too often and doesn’t offer what cancelo does in midfield in terms of possession and positional play, Cancelo for whatever reason stayed too rigid at right back too often and it allowed too much space in midfield for United. The whole team for 60 70 mins looked rigid and played in straight lines up and down the pitch. Gave away possession cheaply and missed good chances. But most importantly left far far too much spaces for United too attack. We weren’t patient enough with the ball and too far apart and too wide.
So what if his pace gets him out of trouble, that is a strength of his and should not be held against him. Walker should have played yesterday to nullify their pace which he did when he came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.