United (H) | Post Match Thread

ETH saying they lacked commitment and belief.

He’s wrong.

They showed commitment and belief, unfortunately their skill level meant their passing was like ‘the weakest link’, where after 3 or 4 successful passes, a player shit the bed and the ball ended up in City’s possession. There are simply to many weakest links in that United team.

You can’t teach/train a passing game when players don’t have the required skill level. So they resort to max 4 pass moves to get the ball up front and hope an attacker can score a worldy (anthony).

4-6 AT BEST for them this season, and that depends more on Spuds, Chelsea, Dippers etc.

To think we had no Diaz, Laporte, Stones yesterday. Our 2 centre backs were magnificent, Akanji motm for me, and that’s the best I have seen Ake on the ball yet (always good defensively but SO good on the ball yesterday). Any 2 of those 5 is the best centre back pairing in the premier league, amazing situation to be in

What did everybody think of Gomez when he came on? I felt like he really struggled positionally, its understandable as he's young and playing LB for us in a derby is much different to LB for Anderlecht. Very tidy on the ball obviously so was interesting to see him moved into a 6/8 later on.

Different levels between the teams, if Walker had stayed on i think we could've got into double figures tbfh. I can't think of any player in the United team that came off well, a couple of mentions for Anthony on Twitter but from my seat in 307 it looked like Cancelo had him locked down all game...was completely useless until he scored.

A special shout out for Ake and Akanji, looked brilliant together and both of them winning towering headers and driving out of defence with the ball was beautiful to watch.

What did everybody think of Gomez when he came on? I felt like he really struggled positionally, its understandable as he's young and playing LB for us in a derby is much different to LB for Anderlecht. Very tidy on the ball obviously so was interesting to see him moved into a 6/8 later on.

Different levels between the teams, if Walker had stayed on i think we could've got into double figures tbfh. I can't think of any player in the United team that came off well, a couple of mentions for Anthony on Twitter but from my seat in 307 it looked like Cancelo had him locked down all game...was completely useless until he scored.

A special shout out for Ake and Akanji, looked brilliant together and both of them winning towering headers and driving out of defence with the ball was beautiful to watch.
Did well for the goal, i think he just got put under pressure by the whole team switching off, he should of just played simple passes but kept losing posession. Akanji is the man, looking like a 1 st choice for sure

Wasn't there a match where Soton beat somebody 6-3?
Grey kit to blame or something....
If I remember correctly the excuse was the players " couldn't see each other " I think a psychologist dismissed that notion saying that movement is seen. If I remember properly they changed kit for the second half but still got beat, so helped disprove their own theory.

The new left back Malicia or something looked absolutely terrified from kick off, his legs wouldn’t work properly

No surprise he was hooked at half time

i've waxed about City in this thread, so perhaps time to talk about the subs and United.

Gomez....has some learning to do. Is about all. He looks quite tidy with ball at feet but he was shoved around a bit. Palmer, again, has work to do - he seems so safe, i really want to see what he can do, at the moment he isn't shining. Alvarez seems to be doing too much running without thinking how to properly apply that energy. That being said, he probably should have scored and hopefully will all settle in for him after a season of learning.

United were garbage. I cant for the life of me work out why Casemiro didnt play, maybe they thought McTominay's aggression was going to be enough? it usually isn't, and it wasn't. They surrendered a big gap in the centre, allowed our centre halfs to move up and they never got to grips with Foden and Grealish. Martial should have started, he seems to do well in derbies, with Rashford benched. End of the day, they got blown away in the first 45.

I thought Gomez showed some good intelligent passing, ok he gave it away as well but the kid has been here five minutes. A year with pep and around top players will iron out any mistakes and improve his positional play. A good assist is not to be sniffed at. I can see him getting a fair few more. I’m intrigued too see how he develops further because I think he’s going to be decent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.