United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this but I think pep looks at ball retention and who doesn’t give the ball away or how good there pass % completion is in certain games!

Think he play Grealish and foden either side of Haaland. The big decision is who to pick from Silva or Gundogan maybe pep will pick Silva on the right of the three and bench foden? Me personally I’d have foden on the left sliva on the right drop Grealish but pep ain’t doing that the way he has spoken about Grealish recently…

___________ederson_____________

Walker__Akanji__Dias___cancelo

_____kdb_Rodri_Gundogan____

Sliva____Haaland____Foden

That midfield is too slow mate, with Gundo and Kev always wanting to occupy the same 8&10 spaces.

They get left on the wrong side of the ball when it breaks down.

Silva is crucial in the middle for his intensity and recycling of the ball.

Would give Jack the nod on the left.

As a wildcard, Alvarez out wide with Phil.

Again, intensity and pace. That's always crucial in the biggest matches.

So many think they're going to go 3 up top against us?
Really?
I think 4-5-1 with a midfield diamond + 1. They have a decision to make at left back between Shaw and the young kid fom Ajax, Malacia. Poison dwarf Martinez and Varane in the middle with Dalot at right back. Casimiro at the diamond base Erikson at the apex and Sancho left, Bruno centre and 90 million whoever Antony on the right (possibly Elanga), Rashford up top.
The two wide midfield players will try to make it a front 3 on transitions but none of them are good defenders which they will have to be for most of the match and they will have to cover miles chasing the ball.
Good old 4-3-3 for us, i reckon we'll start with Jack and Mahrez out wide but we have options and could even go 442. And we willmuse the bench. If we're on it they can't stop us.
Want to see Akanji in beast mode against Rashford.
I hope Dalot does play at RB, because defensively he is very suspect and either Grealish or Foden will fancy their chances against him.

That midfield is too slow mate, with Gundo and Kev always wanting to occupy the same 8&10 spaces.

Completely agree love Gundo, but against pacey counter attacking teams he is too slow and we definitely need Bernardo in the middle to assist Rodri.

Get that but we will be camped in the rag half 95% of the game or got to do is stop the counter, yep silva on the right doesn’t mean he will stuck there. Also think pep like options on the bench who can change it up wouldn’t surprise me if he benches Gundogan foden with Also Alvarez on the bench they can change a game.. so Grealish and Mahrez to start

So many think they're going to go 3 up top against us?
Really?
I think 4-5-1 with a midfield diamond + 1. They have a decision to make at left back between Shaw and the young kid fom Ajax, Malacia. Poison dwarf Martinez and Varane in the middle with Dalot at right back. Casimiro at the diamond base Erikson at the apex and Sancho left, Bruno centre and 90 million whoever Antony on the right (possibly Elanga), Rashford up top.
The two wide midfield players will try to make it a front 3 on transitions but none of them are good defenders which they will have to be for most of the match and they will have to cover miles chasing the ball.
Good old 4-3-3 for us, i reckon we'll start with Jack and Mahrez out wide but we have options and could even go 442. And we willmuse the bench. If we're on it they can't stop us.
Want to see Akanji in beast mode against Rashford.
I think they'll go 8-1-1 in general

Certainly expect no surprises from how they set up.

What I will say, against Arsenal, particularly, the amount of possession and chances they created, if Haaland is on the end of those, United don't have a sniff.

Arteta lost his head when they went a goal behind and subbed out players, letting his ego and inexperience get the better of him that day.

Even the win against Liverpool, United deservedly won, but they shit the bed once Salah reduced the deficit late on.

We can flip the script on Sunday if we score first, Pep can tell the lads to play a little more on the counter.

The truly elite players like Kev and Erling make all the difference in the biggest games.

If they turn up, we will hand them their arses.
Agree with you TH. I guess given the experimental formations pep has used recently I’m a bit more worried than usual.

If we play how we can then they have no chance…..but rags I’ve been speaking to all week are proper bullish and I’m desperate to see us smash them…..I even had a guy yesterday say he would txt me on Monday to see if I enjoyed the game, southern red too the cheeky fucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.