United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we played them 20 times, we'd have something like a 18-1-1 record, no reason for any fanny wipes to be worried, anything less than 3 points would be a big shock, fluke or Official influenced.

IMO No we wouldn’t and if you think that then you’d do yourself a favour by looking at our results against them over the last decade, where we’ve dominated English football but not dominated them in head to heads in the same manner.
They can be very effective on the counter against high pressing sides like us. More so than the likes of Newcastle Villa or whoever, and we needed good luck and moments of pure brilliance to take points from those games in recent weeks.
They’ve also smacked liverpool and arsenal’s arses already this season and, ok so the dippers are below par and the Arsenal had an off day, but the more arrogant amongst both the dipper and arse supporters would have been singing your tune in the run up to those fixtures, and look how they turned out.

Yes I want us to muller them, I know that we’re the better team by a country mile, but I also respect that we don’t beat them in 9 out of 10 games . . not even when we’re by far the better side and playing on our own turf. History proves the point.

I’d love us to give them a thrashing but I still respect that form, cheating dirty fouls, luck and incompetent / bent referees play a part in proceedings that are beyond our control so I’ll have an eye on the bad outcome that certainly ‘could‘ happen and celebrate any win even by the tightest of margins.

If you think my opinion makes me a fanny wiper then that’s fine by me.

I'm torn in whether we play KDB in matches like these, were it is very likely they will set up to hit us on the counter with pace. I don't feel KDB is playing at the top of his game atm, especially when playing a slide rule ball between defenders and any stray pass can lead to a quick counter attack. Gundo and Bernardo retain the ball much better, however KDB is a big game player and usually scores or assists. I personally think most of KDB's best work this season has been down the right wing, delivering crosses like we saw yesterday at Wolves. A bit of a dilemma for me to play him, but he's also hard to drop!
KDB scored 2 against em only last season and Utd set up on the counter in that game.

Mind boggling that some fans still think like this regarding Kdb you never stop your world class players if 100% fit The End
It's a valid opinion even though I don't completely agree, I think he should start and hopefully raise his game because he has been average this season by his high standards even though he started the 1st half of last season slowly too. As a number 8 he starts every single game without fail, but hes now playing as a number 10/2nd striker and I do feel it's not his best role.

It's a valid opinion even though I don't completely agree, I think he should start and hopefully raise his game because he has been average this season by his high standards even though he started the 1st half of last season slowly too. As a number 8 he starts every single game without fail, but hes now playing as a number 10/2nd striker and I do feel it's not his best role.
When he got 20 PL assist he was playing in a similar role to what he's doing now and he's already on 6 assist top of the assist in the league by 3 yes his overall game can definitely improve but it will in the season i don't think it's to do with his role though

IMO No we wouldn’t and if you think that then you’d do yourself a favour by looking at our results against them over the last decade, where we’ve dominated English football but not dominated them in head to heads in the same manner.
They can be very effective on the counter against high pressing sides like us. More so than the likes of Newcastle Villa or whoever, and we needed good luck and moments of pure brilliance to take points from those games in recent weeks.
They’ve also smacked liverpool and arsenal’s arses already this season and, ok so the dippers are below par and the Arsenal had an off day, but the more arrogant amongst both the dipper and arse supporters would have been singing your tune in the run up to those fixtures, and look how they turned out.

Yes I want us to muller them, I know that we’re the better team by a country mile, but I also respect that we don’t beat them in 9 out of 10 games . . not even when we’re by far the better side and playing on our own turf. History proves the point.

I’d love us to give them a thrashing but I still respect that form, cheating dirty fouls, luck and incompetent / bent referees play a part in proceedings that are beyond our control so I’ll have an eye on the bad outcome that certainly ‘could‘ happen and celebrate any win even by the tightest of margins.

If you think my opinion makes me a fanny wiper then that’s fine by me.
Naive of him/her to think form and recent matches matter in the Manchester Derby .

When he got 20 PL assist he was playing in a similar role to what he's doing now and he's already on 6 assist top of the assist in the league by 3 yes his overall game can definitely improve but it will in the season i don't think it's to do with his role though
He Definetly wasn't playing a similar role now as in the majority 19/20 season.

He was a typical #8 playing in a 3 man midfield with Fernandinho/Rodri as the #6 and David Silva the other #8.

Yes at times we did play with a double-pivot of Gundo and Rodri, but then we had Jesus playing Up front, with Haaland now as striker id prefer him playing deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.