United lose, post match discussion

Aye, but didn't you hear Sky last night?
They lost their opening games in 92 and 96 they said and went on to win the championship

Anything to comfort the legions of armchairs

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Even though they lost, some things never change. Referees are still reluctant to apply the same standards to their players as they do to other teams'.

Scholes & Nani could both easily have gone for two yellow cards and how did Vidic not get a yellow for the shirt pull late on.
Oooooh
Don't mention those, you'll be accused of being naieve for thinking there could be a bias

There probably is a degree of bias,as there has always been towards the 'bigger' clubs.
But let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories here,otherwise Bill will be on telling us that the FA,FIFA,UEFA and Gardeners Question Time are all involved with the Illuminati to stop City achieving global domination and winning anything ever again.
I mean,it worked last season,right?

Exactaflippinmundo.

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Even though they lost, some things never change. Referees are still reluctant to apply the same standards to their players as they do to other teams'.

Scholes & Nani could both easily have gone for two yellow cards and how did Vidic not get a yellow for the shirt pull late on.
Oooooh
Don't mention those, you'll be accused of being naieve for thinking there could be a bias

There probably is a degree of bias,as there has always been towards the 'bigger' clubs.
But let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories here,otherwise Bill will be on telling us that the FA,FIFA,UEFA and Gardeners Question Time are all involved with the Illuminati to stop City achieving global domination and winning anything ever again.
I don't believe there is an agenda, but I think there is a clear bias
Mainly because refs are shit scared of the biggest bully in Premiership history
They do not give decisions against them that others get, fuck all to do with 'big teams'
Look at what Barry did to get sent off against Liverpool, no where near as bad as the fouls by Scholes, nani or vidic

Artetas Love Child said:
buckshot said:
I missed the match. Why did they lose? Was it incompetent refs or was Everton cheating?

Neither.

Everton were the better team, had the most number of chances (Utd had 1 close call saved off the line) and dominated the classless twats.

Fellaini was a beast, back four were solid, Gibson ruled the midfield. Even Osman had a good game...

That Ferguson interview is ridiculous, how can he say they were the better team? The only reason they got up to 56% possession was because we rear guarded after our goal, before that we had better possession too.

Sure as hell beats getting stuffed by QPR at home on the opening day of the season, get Naismith and Mirallas integrated into the team, don't sell any more players and keep injury free and we should hope for Euro qualification of some sort. Lot of ifs there but we've hardly ever had a good first 4 months of the season under Moyes.

Hello City btw, on tonight's performance you might be out on your own this year!

well done you blue dippers, inspite of the ref letting them **** getting away with everything

squirtyflower said:
Aye, but didn't you hear Sky last night?
They lost their opening games in 92 and 96 they said and went on to win the championship

Anything to comfort the legions of armchairs

its fucking unbelievable how the media lick round the rim of their arse.

cue pidge

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:
Oooooh

I don't believe there is an agenda, but I think there is a clear bias
Mainly because refs are shit scared of the biggest bully in Premiership history
They do not give decisions against them that others get, fuck all to do with 'big teams'
Look at what Barry did to get sent off against Liverpool, no where near as bad as the fouls by Scholes, nani or vidic

A degree of bias yes,but then you can always look at individual decisions,perceive an injustice against your team,and extrapolate this into global conspiracy,bent officials and a persecution complex.
Referees are human and they make mistakes.
Despite guidelines,they still have a degree of discretion that they can exercise,and this will inevitably mean different yardsticks for different refs.
And then factor in the biggest variable of all - common sense,and you will never get absolute consistency.
Lescott could arguably have been punished for a challenge on Sunday,but he wasn't.
Rags could point to that as bias towards the champions.

574922_4369568118557_960531198_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.