United lose, post match discussion

This is how it feels to be city,this is how it feels to be small,we've got 3 points and you've got nothing at all,nothing at all,nothing at all !

I'll chip in with a couple of things and, try not to state the obvious.
We know that, when United get it right in attack, they can be very dangerous. RVP will work to some extent, but, increasingly for them, Rooney must be a worry. Is he a spent force? Probably not, but, he did nothing against us at the end of last season, had an atrocious Euro's championship, and now after a good break when he should be reinvigorated, he was dire last night. As was Nani. As was Wellbeck. The rest were barely average, apart from De Gea, who kept them in the game with 3 excellent 1st half saves. The fact is that, until RVP gets his arse in gear, Rooney is still the man for them, and when he doesn't perform, there is no real threat to worry about. Early season rustiness? How they must hope so!
Defensively, United are weak against the big boys. Not many teams could have handled Fellaini last night, but, Fergie's problem is his arrogance - endemic throughout the club! He thought they were good enough to 'muller' Everton; he was incapable of acknowledging the Fellaini problem and changing things to combat it. His arrogance prevents any tactical change, save for eventually throwing more forwards into the fray, who lovingly put mostly nice crosses into the box for Jagielka and co to head away.
If that had been City v Everton, Mancini would have been ringing the changes. Fergie, a lesser manager, cannot do that. (Outrageous comment!!! Cue the Fergie arselickers...) Some may defend him for having a depleted squad, but, its his squad; he's the one who's just spent £40m on RVP and Kagawa, and £40/50m on average players last year, so no sympathy. He could have at least swapped Vidic at times onto Fellaini, but it never happened. In Fergieland, 1 dimensional works - but only when the likes of Rooney are really 'at it.'
So, in a tactical battle, Fergie was found wanting and didn't even put up a fight, imho. But, of more concern to the Emperor - suddenly finding himself naked - should be the fact the his diminutive central midfield partnership of the soon to be all conquering Scholes/Cleverly axis were embarrassed by Phil Neville and Darron Gibson - 2 of his own rejects. How he managed to hide the bitterness of that eating away at him in his post match MUTV interview is something I would have liked to watch.
I understand that Fergie was his usual ungracious self, accusing Everton of being 1 dimensional, and alleging that Utd should have had a penalty. The truth is that, but for 3 excellent saves by De Gea, the woodwork, and a temporarily blinded Andre Mariner who didn't see Jelavic being wrestled to the ground in the first half in the penalty area - right in front of his very eyes - Fergie's embarrassment should have been far, far greater.
Anyway, when it comes to the big games, the best United will have to offer is a midfield of Cleverly - his number 1 choice - and Scholes/Giggs or possibly Carrick - and Kagawa, who 'gave and went' a few times, enough to shine a little in a very, very mediocre team. I don't doubt that United will be good enough to turn over quite a lot of teams, especially at Old Trafford, but most importantly, I see nothing whatsoever for us to fear. I think Chelsea and a few others will feel likewise.
Finally, Fergie has put all the pressure on his players. He has made clear his desperation to get the number 1 spot back. He's insisted that he won't lose on goal difference again. Well, that's 1 game each and he's 3 points and 2 goals behind already, so although it may be early days, the pressure is on and he has to get a result against Fulham this weekend - can they spring a surprise? Will we fare any better on Merseyside on Sunday?
Thank God the football's back!

5ec57ff8-581e-55c1.jpg

BezzMCFC said:
people moan about our fans on here, heres a quote from a lad i know just posted it on fb.

Wel done united class start. Tryin to rip wooden seats up n smash tellys n john punchin police horses was the highlight ov my night! Toss start. Bring on fulham!

Candygram for Mongo

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA

OH

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

United will be a lot stronger than they were last night in the majority of their matches. Last night's defence was seriously weakened so you'd imagine a defence without Valencia and Carrick in it will help them considerably. You've also got to factor in the fact that RVP will inevitably start more games than he doesn't, and will forge some form of a partnership with Rooney. Talk of Rooney being shit/a spent force is extreme, and inaccurate. I've never bought into the hype regarding the "White Pele" and I've always thought he was overrated by United, and by the British media as a whole, but he's still a quality footballer, albeit one who seems to suffer from prolonged drops in form.

However, even when you take the above points into consideration, you've got to think with regards to United the following:-

1 - Last night was really rather amusing to watch

2 - United's creative and defensive frailties in midfield don't seem to have been suitably addressed. They still miss a creative hub in the Silva/Nasri mould, Kagawa is likely the player they think will fill it, and he looks promising, but I'm not convinced. As for a De Jong or Yaya type player, well, they have neither.

3 - Neville, pre the Everton v United match, was talking on SKY about how football in the Premiership had evolved over recent years. The emphasis on width, wingers, crossing etc had diminished, teams don't play the rigid 4-4-2 anymore, instead, like City, they try and play through the lines, getting a creative player in the gap between midfield and defence and beating teams that way. United don't seem to have go this memo. Valencia, Nani, Young, what do these players have in common? They all play for United in wide positions, and they all try and beat the fullback on the outside and get to the by-line. Essentially football 101 from about 10 years ago. You have to wonder, as successful as Fergie has been, it's always been his man management he's been famed for, not his tactics. Is modern football leaving him behind now? It wouldn't be a surprise as he is in his 70's.

i think the game at everton isnt much telling of them since its a tough pplace to play let alone start a season... i think after few games we can find out more if they will be challengers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.