United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

From the BBC...

Fernandes joins an elite list but Man Utd make unwanted history - key stats​

Man City 2-1 Man Utd

• Manchester United have lost more FA Cup finals than any other side in the history of the competition (nine).
  • The Red Devils have now lost four of their last five final appearances in the competition.
  • With Ilkay Gundogan and Bruno Fernandes finding the net, this was the first time in FA Cup final history that the starting captains for both sides scored in the match.
  • Bruno Fernandes has scored 25 penalties in all competitions for United, five more than any other Premier League player since he joined in February 2020.
  • Fernandes became the fourth different player to score a penalty in an FA Cup final for the Red Devils (excluding shootouts), after Arnold Muhren (1983), Eric Cantona (1994) and Ruud van Nistelrooy (2004).
  • Erik ten Hag's side had just three shots on target in this match, with two of those coming five seconds apart in second half injury time, and the other being Fernandes' penalty goal.
  • Fred committed six fouls in this match, the most by a player in an FA Cup final since Dean Ashton against Liverpool in 2006 (also six).

Out of interest what was the crowd noise view from those watching on tv? Inside the ground I thought we were magnificent and the rags were shite but is that how it came over on tv? Also I couldn’t imagine all our fans leaving on the final whistle (thousands of rags actually left before the final whistle as far as I could see) without properly acknowledging our players.
You were magnificent throughout, mate.

Loud and proud, as usual.

For KDB's case I have argued in the match thread that it's not a penalty but after seeing the replay he clearly tripped him putting his foot in front of the running KDB. The bullshit I saw in the channel I was watching(from a former Liverpool player) that he planted the foot is well just bs, he did not plant his foot.

So it was a penalty after all.
They got a ridiculous penalty and we did not got a clear penalty.
And then Casemiro was gifted a yellow or even a red card for that, and the gift was a foul in favor of him!
And all that after we got robbed in that utterly ridiculous non offside call in the PL away game against them.

Amazing things happen in English football. We try to compensate corruption also to win trophies.
It’s a new narrative that only applies to us, no pen, he wasn’t fouled, the opposition player just stepped in front of hIm??? Didn’t we not get exactly the same pen v Arsenal with Partey on KDB.

It’s a new narrative that only applies to us, no pen, he wasn’t fouled, the opposition player just stepped in front of hIm??? Didn’t we not get exactly the same pen v Arsenal with Partey on KDB.

The one yesterday was much more clearcut.

Tha Twatemiro challenge gets worse and worse with every viewing. Excessive force, studs straight into the ankle. It's inexplicable that it wasn't reviewed.

It was reviewed by Coote - the rag fan and he thought it was a free kick to United. Akanji fouled the bottom of Plastic Face’s foot with his ankle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.