United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

I thought we outclassed them on and off the pitch. I'm biased and being part of the City noise - it's difficult to gauge how effective their support was. But I thought they were exposed for what they are - bunch of 'fair-weather' fans who don't like it when the going gets tough. We were louder than them and I think the players and Pep appreciated it. Although it was tight - the score flattered them. The penalty was harsh and I can only remember one other occasion when it looked as though they might score. Silky's early goal is one to treasure and is well and truly planted in my memory bank. Going to watch the 'red card' incident on TV - but generally thought the ref gave them a lot. The match showed how limited they are - basically defend and kick long hoping someone will get on the end of it. Ortega's long and thoughtful pass (not kick) was an example of how cultured our football is compared to theirs and we have played much better recently (like Madrid). Wonderful occasion - so blessed to be part of it and seeing our fans delirious at the end and all the players and Pep coming to every corner of our support was great. At the same time it was great to see the empty red seats. As an after thought - it seemed like the big screens were showing the United team with score for much longer than ours - but it's probably my bias. Oh and although I would never condone throwing things at players (even Rags) their decision to celebrate their goal in front of our fans show how classless and desperate they have become. Loved hearing the Istanbul songs and the saddened faces of Reds coming out of the stadium. Great day!!!

Simon Mullock, writing in the Sunday People, was adamant that Cash-e-more-o should have had a red card, and that Fred's challenge on KdB was worthy of a penalty.
Shows up the absurdity of VAR imo. Things the ref missed because they have nothing to them and no one saw in real time get sent back to a screen, things the ref has "seen" but obviously misinterpreted and are obvious cards and penalties don't get overruled to avoid re-reffing or whatever.

Don't be daft... They checked the Casimero tackle and gave them a free kick instead of a Red card...

VAR is a tool to keep the red teams relevent and keep the morons on side. It will never be fairly applied.

Its corruption in plain sight...

Its worth remembering when we feel like our lads weren't quite on it like yesterday. Our players know its corrupt but we still win. Tremendous fortitude to keep winning under this pressure from all side.
VAR is a tool, overseen by tools.

I know he's a rag, but he's Mancunian and he knows which way the wind's blowing. If you don't want to watch it all, from 4 min 30 secs he tells it as it is....

I think the criticism of the alpaca for the second goal is harsh.

The ball came through a sea of bodies and legs, and it didn’t look as though he saw it until it was too late.

I could be wrong but due to the fact that the ref had already (wrongly) given the free kick to utd does this mean that VAR cant change his decision? The VAR/Ref power dynamic shifts with the area/incident that is being looked at....

Casemiro should have gone for that foul - it was a clear red BUT can VAR get involved in that as the ref had already made the decision?
Yes.

One of the areas that VAR was introduced for was to adjudicate on whether challenges are worthy of a red, no matter if play has moved on or not.

Was stuck in the Pink car park for about two hours after the game when someone collapsed right in front of our coach. Couldn’t see if it was a fan or a local but hope they’re ok, took ages for an ambulance to navigate the traffic shambles
He was on my coach, by all accounts he was tucked up in hospital and on the mend last night, so hopefully he’s feeling a little better today, great response from all on the coach who got him the help he needed, took an age for the ambulance service to get there, you’d think in a city the size of London with a hospital every 5 miles and a major event going on that the response for a heart complaint would be a little quicker, especially as we notified the police within minutes who coordinated everything really well & got one of their own medic response teams there, anyways he’s a top blue who’d had (by the sounds of it) a great day until then, get well soon fella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.