United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

The decision at Old Toilet beggared belief! First it was ruled offside, then overturned by VAR, but most referees said the decision was wrong because of the incorrect interpretation of interfering with play. That decision was criminal!

However, as soon as I saw the handball replay of where Jack's arm was & the ball clearly clipping his fingertips, I knew straight away it would be a penalty.

They changed the rules to remove the uncertainty of interpretation out of the equation. If anything, it's the rule that needs looking at again, not yesterday's decision based on the rule.

As for Rashford's goal at the sewer, whoever was on VAR needs to go back to VAR school & not be allowed to officiate again until he can prove he's developed the ability to use his god given common sense.

And a visit to Specsavers wouldn't go amiss either! \0/

Agree with that but if they have removed uncertainty on the handball rule why did VAR not overrule the ref at West Ham when Lindlof handled the ball? They are still interpreting based upon who it is…..

The bbc1 radio dj was on fire yesterday pre match. He played seven nations army followed by the fernandinho song. Im not sure if he knew those songs were attached to us. He then played blue moon which was obviously planned. Them for united He played about 15 seconds of this is the one before stopping it and the music.

From the BBC...

Fernandes joins an elite list but Man Utd make unwanted history - key stats​

Man City 2-1 Man Utd

• Manchester United have lost more FA Cup finals than any other side in the history of the competition (nine).
  • The Red Devils have now lost four of their last five final appearances in the competition.
  • With Ilkay Gundogan and Bruno Fernandes finding the net, this was the first time in FA Cup final history that the starting captains for both sides scored in the match.
  • Bruno Fernandes has scored 25 penalties in all competitions for United, five more than any other Premier League player since he joined in February 2020.
  • Fernandes became the fourth different player to score a penalty in an FA Cup final for the Red Devils (excluding shootouts), after Arnold Muhren (1983), Eric Cantona (1994) and Ruud van Nistelrooy (2004).
  • Erik ten Hag's side had just three shots on target in this match, with two of those coming five seconds apart in second half injury time, and the other being Fernandes' penalty goal.
  • Fred committed six fouls in this match, the most by a player in an FA Cup final since Dean Ashton against Liverpool in 2006 (also six).
Fucking hell written like a desperate fan channel. We fund this bollocks?

You could hear me specifically Vienna?! It was my 64th birthday yesterday and I was singing away like a teenager (with my some who are both actually teenagers), great day
I meant as a collective, PJ.

Unfortunately, I have never met you, as far as I know, so I don’t know your voice ;-)

So, you’re just over three years older than me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.