United (N) | FA Cup Final | Post-Match Thread

So now you can see the problem facing the rule makers of the game. \0/

I've asked for anyone to give me a solution to these handball conundrums in a sentence, & as of yet no one has. All I've had is even more opinions/interpretations muddying the waters even further.

How does football resolve this to the satisfaction of the majority? I've no idea mate...
It depends on what the core of the problem is, and it would appear to me that the subjective nature of intent/advantage is the thing- creating inconsistency and suggestions of bias/differing treatment (and indeed opening up the opportunity for it).

Simplify based on fact: Every contact with a hand is a penalty. Intentional or accidental, tough titty. It's a lot easier to 'interpret' consistently.

Did anyone else notice that we finished the game with all five senior centre-backs on the field?
I beg to differ they aren'tsenior, senior is when you go into a room for something, forget what you were after and then can't your way out of the room.

Now if you want senior me and @oakiecokie will dubbin our boots for next Saturday (as long as they allow sanatogen on the plane)

You see a totally different game too when you watch it in the ground and then watch the full 90min again at home. I was nervous as fuck in the ground and thought some players had bad games watched it again yesterday and tbh we controlled the game well and really and truly could have stepped it up a gear if we wanted to. At times United were running around chasing shadows. United only decent player was that Garnacho why he started over Sancho is beyond me

Shout out to you guys who went to the game. Sounded like a home game on BBC.

I wasn’t sure if they were singing and we were drowning them out or they just weren’t singing at all. The only time I heard them all game was when they scored.

Fair fucks to them though, they know how to empty a stadium. Three minutes after the full time whistle and their end was completely empty.

Last edited:
How do you think they would’ve behaved had it been reversed?
Steam in, pile into the fuckers. No mercy
Upon reflection and a good nights sleep it’s both barrels, a catapult and a pea shooter for everyone of the gobshite twats it is then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.