United post-match thread

I'm not concerned by this. Our second string isn't strong enough and we need 3/4 more players to have the side we need so my expectations for the season have been lowered accordingly although I still think we will challenge for the league.

I have been annoyed in the past when we have lost players through injury in this competition. Silva being played against Newcastle reserves and we lose him for 6 weeks. De Bruyne out for 3 months.

These trophies have been great to win but we have won it twice in three years now and it is not a priority this year. Losing to them is painful for a day or two but im not concerned with being out of this.

The players need rest between games and we play too often as it is.

At least two of the young lads got a game and didn't let anyone down.

the one issue I have with Pep at the moment is his continual use of Kolorov. This guy has more lives than a cat!

positives were there to be cleary seen...even with a weakened team we out played them for the whole first half and parts of the second
The young lads did really well (though Kelechi again on a start just doesn't do it...think he needs to stick as a super sub for now....)

Maffeo looks ready to play regularly
A. Garcia - played very well and kept it simple and also looks a better player than fernando (who actually played well for once) already.
Negatives:
Ottomendi - poor again....diving in (again!!!!) on numerous occasions. That won't please pep and if Kompany is fit he should be dropped immediately...last few games he has resorted to what he was doing last year with diving in all over the place...did it first half which led to a chance and did it on the goal when there was no need. Pep has spoke about this at least once and Ottomendi isn't getting the message...he should be and deserves to be dropped
Navas disappeared second half
Sane - not impressed in any appearance yet. Not got the commitment from him yet. Clearly struggling and just not putting in the effort. Will need time but has got an awful lot to do
Kolorov...as soon as he comes on we look shaky. It doesn't matter where he plays he just isn't good enough.
Didnt think he should have taken off nolito to bring Kun on....should have taken navas off.
Not too bothered (though I hate giving them a leg up) as in the long run it will make little difference to our season.
Biggest concern however is that those players who are suppose to be providing a goal threat when Kun isn't (Sane (big issue with him), Nolito, kelechi (at times) just don't do it with enough regularity

No great surprise in the result, given the disparity in the starting XIs. Disappointing 2nd half from City though, no real desire to win it.

It's still a derby mate. We should've gone all in especially after 5 winless games

I no critisising Guardiola is not allowed but this is not good enough we have gone seriously backwards especially in the opposition half where we have done fuck all for the past month and before anyone says we are top of the table .. well thats not going to last much longer i can guarantee that

Obviously disappointed but losing at Trafford by one goal isn't the end of the world. Big shout to A Garcia and Maffeo great games. The football in general was good just didn't create as much as I would of hoped. Let them have their one day of glory I think our future is definitely brighter.

Both teams were poor for most of the game. United had the luck (or ref some would say) on their side today which stopped us from getting a penalty & winning 1-0, to them getting a foul-ridden goal to make us lose 1-0.

Youngsters played well, thought Fernando had a decent game, as did Navas. Just lacking the cutting edge up top we had so readily at the start of the season, need to get back to winning ways soon as it can be a pain getting out of these slumps - we're still top of the league so if we win this weekend hopefully we can get back on track before it's too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.