United post-match thread

I expected to lose. However I honestly believe United and their supporters would swap their squad, mangers and position in the table for ours, not including the fact that we are in the CL. WITH Kevin on the field we would have buried them. Don't worry Pep will get it right.

I was working so I only saw the last 15 minutes, but it didn't seem like we had any particular urgency to win it. I really wouldn't surprise me if they'd been told that it wasn't a big deal if they lost this one.

What's worrying at the moment is our inability to make any decent chances. During our winning run, we were creating chances for fun.

I'm not concerned by this. Our second string isn't strong enough and we need 3/4 more players to have the side we need so my expectations for the season have been lowered accordingly although I still think we will challenge for the league.

I have been annoyed in the past when we have lost players through injury in this competition. Silva being played against Newcastle reserves and we lose him for 6 weeks. De Bruyne out for 3 months.

These trophies have been great to win but we have won it twice in three years now and it is not a priority this year. Losing to them is painful for a day or two but im not concerned with being out of this.

The players need rest between games and we play too often as it is.

At least two of the young lads got a game and didn't let anyone down.

the one issue I have with Pep at the moment is his continual use of Kolorov. This guy has more lives than a cat!

The problem is that how long you rest you top players we will have no chance against barca anyway. So why not use the best players in matches like this. Its a bout winning mentality...

Jesus, this thread is a bit on the embarrassing side. Some serious bed wetters, you'd think our first team had just been played off the park reading this, not that our second string just lost thanks to a bent referee against a full strength rag side

I agree with the first part

strongly disagree with he second part...their goal was valid and it would have probably been a penalty if they hadn't have scored. ottomendi at fault over committing himself in the challenge on big nose when it was needless

No problem at all playing the two Young Spanish lads, both had excellent games. What's wrong with Sergio? Some problem certainly adapting to Pep's way, but he seems very flat. Is he fully fit? Keel hi had a poor game, but he could/should have been in on three occasions had the final ball not been fired from a gun, and Kelechi should have put Sané or Nollito through but delayed to long.

Not sure why we played a second team when United's players were fit enough. West Brom will sit back just like Southampton and Everton so this was probably a better chance at a win. Sané and Iheanacho were poor but Sterling was dreadful. Maffeo should be our starting RB from now on and García needs to be at least on the bench more. I'd love to say our first team could've won it but not even sure about that.

I will say that if this game had taken place in 2020 and was officiated with video refereeing then we would've won, assuming we scored the penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.