United post-match thread

I'm definitely not drawing conclusions from this match. Other than it proved that lot are honestly mediocre. Even with Ibrahimovitch getting special protection. They won and our 2nd string created zero.

Garcia great player.

Either play the best 11 or play a second string. Don't understand why he brought aguero and sterling on to rescue the game. Either start them and bring them off if we're winning or don't play them at all.

There were a few positives and at half time we were looking quite comfortable. Poor decision making and the final ball let us down a few times and we faded in the second half against a very average but just about full strength Stretford team. Effectively sacrificing the League Cup though will only be forgiven if we pick up 3 points on Saturday and at least a point against Barca. I've a nagging doubt that neither of those two things are going to happen. I so hope I'm wrong.

I said that after we drew with Everton, but was told we were brilliant.

Not in the least bit surprised by tonight's result, but we seem unable to score goals all of a sudden, and we concede every game, its time to concentrate on not conceding goals, then get the passing and build up play right, 6 games without a win, with three goalless defeats, not good enough.

Is Vinny injured again ?

I'm behind Pep, but the past few weeks remind me of a certain Simpsons episode...

tumblr_n69lo44hlP1qbw072o1_500.gif

Disappointing performance from quite a few. Vinnie went off and thereafter our defence went to pot. Garcia and Maffeo can be excused and did well. Pretty toothless showing all in all. Especially disappointed by Sane and Nacho, why oh why did we let Nasri leave and keep Navas? Should have told Samir he was staying like it or bloody not.
2 goals in 5 games chaps....

Good God , it's always tough to lose a derby but Nasri FFS? Just what we need at the Swamp. We could have stuck him in the wall!

So annoying to hear this. It's a cup competition and a consistent part of every football season. Yeah, it's the least important but we should be wanting to win this. Every team has to play it, it's no hinderance at all.
Spot on have we got so fucking good we can write off a trophy so easily with a peformance that lacked passion and intesisity shocking from Guardiola

Not overly bothered about the result as we have more important targets. However, I did find a few things irritating: Otamendi was so rash all night; Clichy was constantly stood on his own heels; and Sane and Kelechi's ability to control the ball was veey poor.

Some positives though: Garcia was very good in the first half; Maffeo played well and improved as the game went on; Vinny got some more minutes; and we managed to give a rest to Stones, KDB, Silva, Ferna, Gundogan and Aguero.

Has to be said, Mike Dean was awful. Although that was expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.