United post-match thread

b
Spurs had a tough game yesterday against Pool but again played a second string side. Luckily even Pool did. Infact of the top teams only the Rags played a first team. None of the managers care about the LC (Mourinho does because he is sitting 7th in the league). That said we need to win the games against West Brom and Boro and it could seem good going into the break.

but its not just the lge cup is it,,its a derby against your bitter rivals with 8000 fans backing them,,,thats why folk are pissed off

yes we have hugely improved in terms of football played on the pitch......if you cant see that then there is no point in discussing anything any further
Also its just fucking stupid of some to say we were top at this point last season to and use that as a barometer of how the fucking season will go and us finish 4th.

Agreed mate. At least Pep can see the bigger picture. Every other club with a new manager has a transition period. Our fans don't accept this. For me, during our transition period when our manager (the best in the world) has had to rebuild our aging squad, we are top of the league.
Exactly, this sqaud has been in decline for a few years now but people expect Pep to wave a magic wand and fix every problem we have; getting a bit tired of it to be honest. Logging off bluemoon and having a cup of tea I think now haha

Fuck me how quickly we forget, after all the years in the wilderness we now dismiss this competition as a minor irritation. Through the eighties, nineties and oughties i would have loved us to win it. On to the performance, first half was good and we did create some chances, second half was an abomination, unwatchable shite, just horrible with the Honorable exception of maffeo who was fantastic all night, If he hasn't played himself into the managers plans then I despair for the academy. our lack of a cutting edge at the moment is killing us.
Thing is, during those years we didn't get in the chumps league. You can understand having to manage the squad. It was shite though, the youngsters aside, second team or not.

Only 2 winnable trophies left this season. Sacrificed the FA Cup last season only to play like surrender monkeys against Real.
Might not even qualify for the knock-out stages of the CL with the shit being served up at the moment.

WBA is a must win with Barca on the horizon.

In the first half we outplayed them so I'm not sure how you can say this....Ill tell you why (and be very honest at the same time)....I thought exactly the same as you when i aw the team sheet but i was really wrong and that was proved beyond argument based on the first half. The sub of Kompany really didnt help along with Kolorv coming in (Though i know Pep has said he had to take Kompany off so prob had little choice - though he could have put the other young lad on and he would probably have been better than kolorov).

We did outplay them a little better in the first half, but we never really threatened their goal in a sustained manner. The passing in the build up was rather pretty, but ineffective in the final third.
Second half we just seemed to be passing sideways or backwards a lot, again offering little in and around their penalty box.
But like you, I wasn't hopeful anyway after seeing who was going to play, so no major worries for me.

b

but its not just the lge cup is it,,its a derby against your bitter rivals with 8000 fans backing them,,,thats why folk are pissed off
I get that part, but its also the bigger picture then, us winning here would have forced us into unnecessary changes for the next 3 games and also added a lot more games at the peak time of the season.

Some of the over reactions in this thread are ridiculous. We didn't play well, but it was our reserves against their strongest side (with a ref who was pretty one-sided). We made no real attempt to win the game, which is frustrating, but obviously the competition doesn't matter to the club in the scheme of things. You can't read too much into this result.
And I think that's what most people feel ric. Frustration at our performance but reality in the team we played. We left a lot to be desired tonight, but some big pluses (garcia and maffeo). I'm very disappointed tonight in a game we could..... and quite possibly should of won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.