United post-match thread

We did outplay them a little better in the first half, but we never really threatened their goal in a sustained manner. The passing in the build up was rather pretty, but ineffective in the final third.
Second half we just seemed to be passing sideways or backwards a lot, again offering little in and around their penalty box.
But like you, I wasn't hopeful anyway after seeing who was going to play, so no major worries for me.

as soon as they scored they parked the bus....took mata off and played sneiderlin......we have seen how difficult this is when other teams do it and even with the likes of silva and kdb not he pitch.......we have bigger fish to fry

He obviously sent them out thinking a win would be a bonus but not essential judging by his post match interview

Not arsed in the slightest about the result , the performance was alright and Garcia / Maffeo looked first team standard

Must win on Saturday now though

Aguero has had his confidence knocked by something , looks like he's playing from memory

I would put money on him not being here next year

We should NEVER play a competitive match against the shite with anything less than our best available team. I could not care less whether we have an "important" game against West Brom (lol) at the weekend. Never. Period. If Mr Guardiola does not understand that and the depth of feeling, antagonism, rivalry between the two clubs, we have got the wrong manager.
Christ what a fucking twat

b

but its not just the lge cup is it,,its a derby against your bitter rivals with 8000 fans backing them,,,thats why folk are pissed off

I wouldn't bother yourself mate. The precious one is untouchable on here. Untouchable.

Some of the same posters saying it doesn't matter that we gave a derby away, when winning it would have seriously undermined their confidence, saying it doesn't matter that we gave our trophy away because it's "only the league cup" are the same ones who excoriated Pellers last season for "the way he won the trophy". I.e.: dropping joe for willy even though willy won us the shootout.

And yet I'm a rag. And you will be too if any of the Pep Squad see your post.

The revisionism would do Pravda proud.

I am seriously concerned about coming onto Bluemoon. What in the name of good God do some posters see?????? We played fantastic for a reserve team against their strongest team FFS, I think this is a statement in itself. £89 million for Pogba and a kid, Mafaeo, had him and the other filth in his pocket? I am so so proud of them tonight I thought they played fantastic. If people are down to hammering the team because of the result and not what they did then I'm lost for words.
Too many people see the end result ... a 1-0 loss.We played their possible strongest team and we had 9 changes from Sunday and rightly so.I was happy to win this trophy last season mainly due to the fact that in all honesty at the time,it was our only hope of picking some silverware up.I`m not too arsed this year and would sooner us go all out for the PL and FA Cup as we have to be realistic and say that we are not right ready for a fight for the CL Final.
However I have no doubt that this will happen under Pep and IMO I feel that he will have at least 5/6 years to reach his goal and not just his current 3 year deal.

Hated that during the game. Losing and then not having a shot on target at the swamp is horrible. An hour afterwards though, and thinking what performances from maffeo and garcia, the pair of them should be closer to the first team. I think we've looked better with four across the back than three. Too overcrowded in midfield when we play with three at the back. Maffeo should be given a chance for me definitely. Thought garcia gave us control in midfield that we've been missing without yaya (not the same penetration though - but he's only a kid!)

Some of the over reactions in this thread are ridiculous. We didn't play well, but it was our reserves against their strongest side (with a ref who was pretty one-sided). We made no real attempt to win the game, which is frustrating, but obviously the competition doesn't matter to the club in the scheme of things. You can't read too much into this result.

In isolation it means nothing even if we lost to the RAGS. However, I don't think it's an over-reaction after going 6 games without a win. Even if you change the personnel, at the moment we look toothless and predictable up-front and unorganised and error prone at the back.

You can virtually guarantee if we go a goal behind we won't win the game.

2 cup finals. He may of lost but he got to the final
AND he din't get them into the CL. How the fuck does cup finals matter? Did he win? NO.

Why did he finish 7th in the one competition which takes consistency into measure? Don't you think he should have atleast gotten htem 4th in a season where every other team dropped points like anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.