United post-match thread

There is not winning games then there is performances like tonight and Sunday. As blues we can all accept sometimes being second best but give it a fucking go. To go our most games without a win since the takeover is a shocking stat. There is being optimistic and then realistic and we are in a rut at the moment
No denying we are in a rut, it was always going to be turbulent at the start of Pep's reign though (amazed we won the first 10) . He has a plan and funnily enough knows his stuff. I already seen a huge difference in our attitude, application and passion and we have been playing wonderful football in patches. I know the main statistic is scoring more goals than the opposition but once we find our rhythm, balance and ruthlessness we will be a joy to watch and goals will be free flowing I'm
sure. Patience is the key !

We were very poor, even the side we put out tonight should have been better than that.
I know it's not an important trophy in the scale of things but losing to those c*nts hurts at any time.
This, I could have understood Pep selecting a weakened side, and all but throwing the game prior to kick off, against any other team left in the competition, but certainly not against that shower of shite, simply because "we have bigger fish to fry"

If Manuel Pellegrini had selected that starting line up, in any match against the scum he would be getting some almighty stick on here, and rightly so.

Why did city agree to £40 ticket if not even intending to play a proper side? The club and manager shitting on the fans.

Maybe because even though this competition is known for having second teams playing in it there are always dumb supporters who cough up and complain afterwards, if someone is daft enough to pay £40 for a Mickey Mouse cup ticket that's their problem.

Fuck me, there are some amazing reactions on here tonight, fully understand that we don't want to lose to these fuckers at any time but it is what it is.

99% of us wanted Pep so buy into what he is doing, fuck, if i can put up with Coppell, Frank Clarke, Pearce and Ball then i am sue I can cope with this.

Revisit this thread in 12 months and see where we are.
Spot on

No denying we are in a rut, it was always going to be turbulent at the start of Pep's reign though (amazed we won the first 10) . He has a plan and funnily enough knows his stuff. I already seen a huge difference in our attitude, application and passion and we have been playing wonderful football in patches. I know the main statistic is scoring more goals than the opposition but once we find our rhythm, balance and ruthlessness we will be a joy to watch and goals will be free flowing I'm
sure. Patience is the key !
Thats ridiculous ! How dare you come on here after a defeat and talk sensible.

This, I could have understood Pep selecting a weakened side, and all but throwing the game prior to kick off, against any other team left in the competition, but certainly not against that shower of shite, simply because "we have bigger fish to fry"

If Manuel Pellegrini had selected that starting line up, in any match against the scum he would be getting some almighty stick on here, and rightly so.

He didn't throw the game that is just utter horseshit

Too many people see the end result ... a 1-0 loss.We played their possible strongest team and we had 9 changes from Sunday and rightly so.I was happy to win this trophy last season mainly due to the fact that in all honesty at the time,it was our only hope of picking some silverware up.I`m not too arsed this year and would sooner us go all out for the PL and FA Cup as we have to be realistic and say that we are not right ready for a fight for the CL Final.
However I have no doubt that this will happen under Pep and IMO I feel that he will have at least 5/6 years to reach his goal and not just his current 3 year deal.
Totally agree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.