United post-match thread

I presume by 'doing without all those cup games' we mean 3 more games stretched over the next 4 months? Huge undertaking for a professional sports team. It's the easiest cup to win.

Anyone happen to have to hand the number of league minutes played this season by our starting 11 last night?

I understand what some of you are saying and Pep's reasoning that this competition is not a priority is sound. Still I feel he should have played a stronger side, destroyed utd and then in the next round you can play all the youngsters you like... Sure we need a win in the PL and then we play barcelona, but whats the point of beating barcelona (I'm serious about this) even if we win it wont be by enough margin to have better H2H and we will still finish second in the group. We need to win against celtic and gladbach in CL, barca will have to wait for the final :D

We might not have disgraced ourselves, but there were some pretty disappointing performances. Nolito, Ihenacho, Kolarov, Sane and Otamendi were all pretty awful. Maffeo and Garcia on the other hand, both look ready for a permanent step up, which has to be the positive from it.

Not sure how any reds can claim bragging rights from that though - had a weakened side, some woeful performances, got nothing at all from the ref, and they still only scraped a 1-0 win.

I understand what some of you are saying and Pep's reasoning that this competition is not a priority is sound. Still I feel he should have played a stronger side, destroyed utd and then in the next round you can play all the youngsters you like... Sure we need a win in the PL and then we play barcelona, but whats the point of beating barcelona (I'm serious about this) even if we win it wont be by enough margin to have better H2H and we will still finish second in the group. We need to win against celtic and gladbach in CL, barca will have to wait for the final :D

Did you really just ask what's the point of beating Barca?

I presume by 'doing without all those cup games' we mean 3 more games stretched over the next 4 months? Huge undertaking for a professional sports team. It's the easiest cup to win.
Exactly! We won fuck all for longer than my lifetime yet some of our fans are happy to sacrifice a cup, give me a break, we should be fighting hammer and tongue for every single trophy we ever have a chance of winning. Bet Summerbee and Bell weren't sat saying it will be ok if we beat WBA and Barca last night!

I agree with both sides of this argument. I like the cups, especially a day out at Wembley. Also when the rags are there for the taking we should stamp on their throats. Hate losing to the swamp dwellers.
However can see the logic in resting players and was very proud of Maffeo for handling first Rashford then pogbore.
Only time will tell but for now I'll keep the faith in Pep and judge at the end of the season. Would much rather be in our current position than that of the scum

So beat the rags so you brag in work, then play kids and get knocked out next round. Yep seems a great idea, wish pep had thought about it.
As for what's the point in beating Barca?? You mad mate?

Probably as a City supporter is the first time I am not panicking after a few bad results but after Vinny went off last night we lost the plot and not to have one shot on target is worrying

I feared the worst when I saw the line up. Whenever we have Fernando and Navas in the same starting eleven I pretty much write off a result

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.