United post-match thread

Did you really just ask what's the point of beating Barca?
Well everyone is talking that win against utd isn't important because its the micky mouse cup. But what actual benefits do we get from beating barca, we'll still end the group behind them and get a strong opponent in the knockout stage. Its the same thing as with utd, you only get the bragging rights, but if you get Bayern in the next round and get out of the competition what does a win against Barca mean.

We might not have disgraced ourselves, but there were some pretty disappointing performances. Nolito, Ihenacho, Kolarov, Sane and Otamendi were all pretty awful. Maffeo and Garcia on the other hand, both look ready for a permanent step up, which has to be the positive from it.

Not sure how any reds can claim bragging rights from that though - had a weakened side, some woeful performances, got nothing at all from the ref, and they still only scraped a 1-0 win.
Agreed, but is it possible that if it is a given that this cup is not a priority within the club, that the hunger you would normally have is not quite there. No excuses here, margins are fine at this level, but if in a players mindsets this is the case, could this affect performance?

Maffeo and Garcia were great. Hopefully they get more games.

Nacho, Kolarov, Sane and Otamendi were terrible.

In fact I was more disappointed with Sane than anyone.

Well everyone is talking that win against utd isn't important because its the micky mouse cup. But what actual benefits do we get from beating barca, we'll still end the group behind them and get a strong opponent in the knockout stage. Its the same thing as with utd, you only get the bragging rights, but if you get Bayern in the next round and get out of the competition what does a win against Barca mean.

What benefits? Ermmm it keeps us ahead of BMG in the group, fairly beneficial I'd have thought.

I presume by 'doing without all those cup games' we mean 3 more games stretched over the next 4 months? Huge undertaking for a professional sports team. It's the easiest cup to win.
It was more than that last night... It was a chance to end the run of winless games and trounce the rags.... big miss for me

What happens if we draw the rags in FA Cup but we have an important Champs League game a few days later? Does that not matter either? Just so i'm clear on what trophies we do as a club care about because we've won so many we can seemingly pick and choose.

The rags in work going around like dogs with two sets of bollocks to lick. Bless. If they reckon that line up of theirs beating our stiffs by 1 goal is such a fantastic achievement, there's not a lot of point arguing with them.

Exactly! We won fuck all for longer than my lifetime yet some of our fans are happy to sacrifice a cup, give me a break, we should be fighting hammer and tongue for every single trophy we ever have a chance of winning. Bet Summerbee and Bell weren't sat saying it will be ok if we beat WBA and Barca last night!
This. Every cup and every game. Especially against those fuckers.

What benefits? Ermmm it keeps us ahead of BMG in the group, fairly beneficial I'd have thought.
Do you actually expect a win against Barca? I mean it sure would feel nice, but as I see it a draw against BMG and home win against Celtic will get us through the group...
And that win would mean nothing if we were to lose against BMG, so a draw there is needed anyway...

The rags in work going around like dogs with two sets of bollocks to lick. Bless. If they reckon that line up of theirs beating our stiffs by 1 goal is such a fantastic achievement, there's not a lot of point arguing with them.

I think it's hilarious, their more knowledgeable fans will be aware they've little to crow about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.