United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hertsblue said:
Sky reporting that rumours ferguson met with zaha last night in London but palace have said they have not given permission for utd to speak to him
Par for the course.

The Govan Piss Can is responsible for more tapping than Fred Astaire.

hertsblue said:
Sky reporting that rumours ferguson met with zaha last night in London but palace have said they have not given permission for utd to speak to him

How wonderful it would be if the Rags got done for tapping up.

1.618034 said:
From The Guardian's Ten Talking Points about the weekend's games..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/21/ten-talking-points-premier-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ier-league</a>

10) There are bad losers and then there is Ferguson

The talking points from Manchester United's matches could always be the same after they have not won. However it has come about, Sir Alex Ferguson has it in for one official or another, deflecting failure from his team and himself. It was the same again at White Hart Lane on Sunday – a fine sporting occasion marred by one unsporting man. As managers of less successful clubs rightly know, for all the claims that these things – arguable judgments and misfortunes – level out over a season, the bigger clubs on balance get the better rub of the official green. Ferguson's attempts to influence referees before matches have belatedly been constrained this season. His remarks afterwards continue to shame a club whose play before and during his reign have given more pleasure than most. Pity. Jeremy Alexander

Indeed.
This is happening alot now more media coming out and telling it as it is,maybe baconface is retiring after this season,but the press now seem to be (most of them) distancing themselves from baconfaces rants were previously would have backed him,once the old man retires from football,i'll give it three or four years before all the shit comes out concerning fergie and the fa,players,referees etc.....

Why were the rags set up in such a defensive formation last night? They had 5 shots in the entire game. Were they afraid of spurs? It kind of reminded of their visit to Etihad last season when they tried their best to avoid defeat but lost eventually.

bleed.blue said:
Why were the rags set up in such a defensive formation last night? They had 5 shots in the entire game. Were they afraid of spurs? It kind of reminded of their visit to Etihad last season when they tried their best to avoid defeat but lost eventually.

It's how they're setting up away this year. Let them attack them and then hope to do them with a Van Persie goal on the counter.

ferguson asked to explain his comments - he's going to get a touchline ban I think. Can't see him getting out of this<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm --<br /><br />
bleed.blue said:
They set themselves up for a draw. Had Mancini done that, certain people would be hysterical

Never a penalty, Rooney was looking for it. People crying "contact" all the time get on my nerves. There is contact all through the match it doesn't mean the ref blows his whistle.

Rooney could have stayed on his feet but chose to drop to the deck.

Dempsey could have chose to hit the deck but stayed on his feet. We would have got a penalty and Evra would have been sent off. I like the fair game

If you can stay on your feet and choose to fall, then it's a dive. It's not gamesmanship or a right to go down because of "contact" . No where in the FIFA rulebook does the word contact come into play. Only Alan Hansen and his followers use this tedious word

I don't really mind Fergie but he's so desperate to finish above City he is putting pressure on every official. As an outsider looking in it looks pretty obvious to me

Marvin said:
ferguson asked to explain his comments - he's going to get a touchline ban I think. Can't see him getting out of this

-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm --

bleed.blue said:
They set themselves up for a draw. Had Mancini done that, certain people would be hysterical

Yep the arsenal game where we got a point.justified(couple of seasons ago )

Crouch don't even defend it mate. With the amount of bullshit penalties they get constantly, I'd just revel in their misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.